Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False alerts when arming system.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everytime I arm my system I get about five motion alerts at about 5 Seconds Apart. Each video I view shows nothing and I've noticed this is every time I've arm the system. Any ideas? Looks like I will have to roll back to the older app that was flawless.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it happens here too ( S7/os8.x )... only when arming I get 2 or 3 push alerts , but NOT every time.

It's the app and not much to be done till a new version comes out.

Rolling back is possible , but only if you have very good tech skills and the older app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
It does seem quite a bit to roll back. I'm pretty good at Tech but don't think I want to go through the whole thing and fix any problems that happens or may arise during a rollback. There seems to be a lot of complaint with multiple problems with the last 2 or 3 updates. I am just hoping that Arlo or Netgear is reading these forums and hoping to fix the problems ASAP. I guess I can put up with the problem for now. But the multiple notifications is just one of a handful of problems with this app.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm running version 2.5.3_22376 and have no issues at all. To install an old app on android is very simple, just a few steps. After you download the Arlo install from apkmirror, copy it to your phone (copy to downloads forder), then.....

1. Use the my files app, goto the download folder, Tap on the APK file of the App you want and hit Install.
  2. Android Oreo now presents you with a popup option which gives the External Sources option.
  3. From the Install other apps menu click on the app you want to enable access.
  4. Tap on the switch next to Trust app from this source.
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow! Thanks for giving me a how-to to install an older version. Never heard of apkmirror. It's a good site. I've rolled back and so far so good.