Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have been using this camera outside my garage for about 6 months now with no issues.  It is hooked to a Solar panel to keep it charged and the camera sits under the garage roof eaves to minimize getting any rain on it.  But for 2 days now the App has shown this one to be Offline.  I've unplugged the router and then the Arlo base twice with no luck.  The extender in my garage (maybe only 8 feet from this camera) is also working fine.  I am at a loss on how to rectify this if someone has an idea.  My other 2 cameras are working fine.  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EODK9Trainer wrote:

Have been using this camera outside my garage for about 6 months now with no issues.  It is hooked to a Solar panel to keep it charged and the camera sits under the garage roof eaves to minimize getting any rain on it.  But for 2 days now the App has shown this one to be Offline.  I've unplugged the router and then the Arlo base twice with no luck.  The extender in my garage (maybe only 8 feet from this camera) is also working fine.  I am at a loss on how to rectify this if someone has an idea.  My other 2 cameras are working fine.  

Where is the base station/smarthub?

Have you

• Connecting it to an AC charger to make sure the battery is actually charged?
  • tried removing/reinserting the battery?
EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've not checked the charge since it's not working but I often check and see the Solar panel is keeping it at 100%.  No on the battery as it's up where a ladder is needed and for health reasons I cannot get up there.  But will find someone.  The base is maybe, as the crow flies, 50 feet at best.  But the extender has been doing a great job all this time.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean a WiFi extender, that has nothing to do with a Pro 3 which has to connect only to a base or hub. It could actually be interfering with the signal for the camera if too close - try turning it off to see if that helps.

EODK9Trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been working for these 6 months with the extender within feet of it only separated by a wall.  I thought it boosted the wi fi?  Regardless.  I checked the app on my phone a couple hours ago and this exterior camera is working like nothing ever happened.  2-3 days with it off so my guess it will happen again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An extender works by connecting it to your existing WiFi so other devices can then connect to it. Since the camera connects to your base, the extender isn't being used. However, the extender's signal may be strong enough to interfere with the camera<>base connection. Try moving it a bit away from the camera if it's fairly close together.