Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro with VMB4000 base station not working!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tomboy257
Guide
Guide

I've got an EOL Arlo Pro camera that has dropped ofline {coincedentily since the EOL notice} and all my efforts to bring them back online so far have failed. I have uninstalled both the base station and camera to no effect. I have contacted support without any sucess. Any help, hints or ideas from the community would be most appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry for potentially dumb questions but is the battery charged and properly inserted? Does the camera LED show a blue flash when the battery is installed? What happens when you try to sync it? What do the base LEDs show? Exactly what is your process?

tomboy257
Guide
Guide

Battery is inserted and charged. While attempting to sync camera flashes blue and upon failure flashes fast amber. Base station shows green, green intermittent and nothing where camera is supposed to be. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the base station. Unplugged it from power and ethernet and restarted it. When camera first went offline I tried resyncing it before removing it completely.

tomboy257
Guide
Guide

Update:  So I went to my local Walmart and bought an Arlo Essential camera. Went through setup and sync and after receiving a firmware update (for the camera I assume) the camera came online. Just for giggles I then tried to sync my Arlo Pro that stopped working and lo and behold it came online also. Was the problem a firmware issue with my base station all along? When trying to sync my Arlo Pro camera the app indicated the base station firmware was up to date, but was it?