Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help??? How are cameras shared on accounts with Grant Access?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nygitl75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will try not to sound confusing however looking for an answer to my problem. My boyfriend and I have allowed access to one another’s accounts. However I have also allowed access from my daughter to my accounts. At that point she was able to see my boyfriends cameras as well even though he wasn’t the one who invited her. My boyfriends father also has access to my boyfriends account so does that mean he can see my cameras as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If she is logging in to the same account (primary), she will see whatever has been shared with that account. It doesn't matter what device is used to log in, if you're using the same credentials, the access is the same.

If you want to restrict the cameras your daughter can see, she needs to make her own account and then you can use the Grant Access feature to share specific cameras with her (regardless of which account those cameras are being shared from).

If the father is logging in using his own account, he can only see cameras that have been shared with him.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only people allowed access can see the cameras, and then you also control what cameras out of total and admin rights.

You do know you can add other's emails without allowing view of the cameras...

As to if the BF's father can see is unknown, seems possible as your daughter can... unusual tho

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nygitl75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I thought it was unusual as well since my daughter was able to see his cameras. I guess anything is possible, thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC   

is this possible ?

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Only cameras that are invited to be shared using the Grant Access feature are able to be accessed. In the scenario above, no one should have access to cameras that were not explicitly shared with them through the Grant Access feature. Is the daughter logging in to the primary account directly or does she have her own account? Are we sure the boyfriend has not shared cameras also with the daughter?

In any case, only cameras that have been shared with the fathers account should be accessible from the fathers account.

JamesC

Nygitl75
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had my daughter put the Arlo app on her phone and I gave her my login information so I’m thinking because that’s a primary account login information, that’s why she has access? I’m thinking she may have to create her own account in order for her to have access on just what I invite her to? Does that make more sense? My boyfriend and I decided that we were the only ones to have access however yes he did allow his father to have access to the cameras at his house. Since my daughter was able to see his or is still able to see has that is not what I would want as far as his dad being able to see when I come and go from my house. Just saying but sort of a privacy issue with me.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If she is logging in to the same account (primary), she will see whatever has been shared with that account. It doesn't matter what device is used to log in, if you're using the same credentials, the access is the same.

If you want to restrict the cameras your daughter can see, she needs to make her own account and then you can use the Grant Access feature to share specific cameras with her (regardless of which account those cameras are being shared from).

If the father is logging in using his own account, he can only see cameras that have been shared with him.

JamesC

Nygitl75
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK see that makes sense now, I think you answered my question. Thank you so much!