Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GDPR / Data Protection Agreement (Small Businesses)

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everybody, I  have tryed asking this question via the Arlo support channels and Netgears but unfortunately have not been able to get a response apart from send a letter to head office... 

So that our European offices can continue to use the Netgear Cameras - we are wanting a Data Protection Agreement  with Netgear / Arlo. Along with answers to other technical questions related to the GDPR. 

This question must have come up before so can anybody point me in the right direction / channels?

Especially as the Arlo product is also targeted at small businesses : https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlo-for-business/default.aspx

Now I did not select the Arlo product for video surveillance in our business but am trying to continue to use it as it seems a pretty good piece of kit! 

Thanks in advance. 

D

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anybody? We really need this information in order to continue with Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've escalated this request. I will reach out to you in a private message with more information when I hear back.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James - It is much appreciated 🙂 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've been informed we will be GDPR compliant by the end of May. More details will be available then. Feel free to post any additional questions you have on this here and I will seek further assistance.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, 

Actually there are can you answer these questions please or point me to where I can get the answer.

• General description of technical and organisational security measures (if possible) to ensure the protection of our data.
  • Retention schedule of your customer data.
  • Physical Location of our data (AWS region etc). 
  • Names of third countries or international organisations that personal data are transferred to (if applicable)
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've opened a case on this topic and escalated it to the appropriate contact. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC, 

Any update on this yet? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've requested an update. I will provide more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC,

I am just  pinging you on this as I have not yet had an answer. 

Thanks again, 

David 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

Sorry for the delayed response. Take a look here for more information on GDPR and Privacy

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC, 

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately that link does not really answer my initial questions I have also taken a look over the privacy policy. Again this does not answer my questions either. 

Here is what I am needing 

1) A Data Protection Agreement (DPA), signed by us and you. (If you do not have one we can send you a generic one, all our vendors so far have been able to provide us with one) 

2) The following questions answered

1. General description of technical and organisational security measures (if possible) to ensure the protection of our data. (sumary of what is doen and how it is achieved). 
  2. Retention schedule of your customer data. (As long as nessesary is not informitive enough especially conserning our video). 
  3. Physical Location of our data (AWS region etc). 
  4. Names of third countries or international organisations that personal data are transferred to (if applicable)

Should I point my above questions at : privacy.policy@netgear.com or is there a better place to send my questions to? 

Thanks, 

D

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've escalated your open support case again on this topic and requested an update. I will reach out to you in a private message if I am able to gather any additional information.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI James, 

Just checking in to see if there are any updates that you have for me - its slightly worrying for us that Netgear so far have not been prepaired to answer my questions - considering that the data being stored is potentially the most personal and intimate. Audio and Video. 

- I dont blame you James I appreciate all your help so far 

Also I never got a reply from the email address : privacy.policy@netgear.com

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've followed up on your email requesting this information. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

You can now view the Arlo privacy policy here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/privacy-policy/

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I am still waiting for a response on this not had much luck via the support team any chance you can chase this up please. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've escalated a ticket on these requests, an Agent will be reaching out to you shortly.

JamesC

Dthack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James. 

Again - I have not managed to get an answer on this - I cannot be the conly EU company requiring a DPA for the arlo cameras.  Please can you ping the support team again please. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthack,

I've asked for an update, please reach out to me in a private message if you don't hear back within 48 hours.

JamesC