Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Been searching, but have not seen any NEW update's to being able to VIEW/RECORD Arlo Pro videos under Windows 10 (Using ANY Browser ?). 

It would be nice to be aware of When ARLO Software development plans on replacing Adobe Flash in their Website support ? 

Inquiring Minds would like to know if there is a short/long term future with ARLO ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@storgeman wrote:

Well first off its a pain to have have to do this every time just to look at my arlo camera's

It is a pain.

Switching to html5 remains on Arlo's to-do list - but they haven't given us a timetable on when.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@storgeman wrote:

Been searching, but have not seen any NEW update's to being able to VIEW/RECORD Arlo Pro videos under Windows 10 (Using ANY Browser ?). 

I don't understand. I can view and record videos in Windows using most browsers.

Yes, I have to "allow flash", but it works. So I don't get the point.

By the way, updates to the browser interface happen without anyone knowing. You can get an idea of your current version in "Settings > About".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well first off its a pain to have have to do this every time just to look at my arlo camera's while I  also run a browser window where I can manage my RING door bell videos, but I don't have to remember to unblock FLASH each time. 

I was just checking to see if any progress has been made in replacing FLASH ?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@storgeman wrote:

Well first off its a pain to have have to do this every time just to look at my arlo camera's

It is a pain.

Switching to html5 remains on Arlo's to-do list - but they haven't given us a timetable on when.  

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, thats all I needed know