Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Green screen

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UnionJack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Firstly can someone help me with this 

secondly can someone recommend an alternative to Arlo, because I’m tired of continued issues where I have to come online and spend hours digging for solutions to problems that shouldn’t exist. Yes my phone is updated yes the app is updated yes there’s no green screen in the yard. Yada yada, massive yawn. Thanks. 

IMG_6064.png

5 REPLIES 5
UnionJack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Honestly these cameras and everything associated with them are utter rubbish. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UnionJack wrote:

Green screen 

This is a corrupted video stream - usually due to packet loss on the wifi link between the camera and the base.

How far away is the camera?  What is on the signal path?  Pipe chases inside the walls, appliances between the base and the camera, stucco construction (which usually have wire mesh) are some of many possible culprits.

This appears to be an Ultra - not a Pro.  What model base do you have? (look for a VMBxxxx label on the base).

UnionJack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dude by the fact I just purchased an ultra to try to remedy these issues is telling of my frustration with this system. You give a hypothesis on the problem but don’t ask if it’s worked previously for long periods. Which it has. Now: “F-U. TAKE THE GREEN SCREEN.”
why do I have to come on here to fault find like an utter idiot when I’ve paid this much cash for a product? Do you not find that absolutely wild?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Rear entrance camera has a much greater loss in signal strength/RSSI relative to your other two cameras. Did you happen to make any adjustments to your network or add/place any wireless frequency devices near your router or base station? If you move this camera closer to your base station does the green screen disappear and signal/range improve? 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

WOW StephenB comes on here to try and help you out and you have to get like this with him lmao, good luck trying to find anymore help.