Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App not loading

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Emmat95
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which is completely up to date. I have used the arlo app for 2 years without any problems and now the app will not load on my phone. I have tried deleting and reinstalling multiple times. I have tried cellular and wifi. Anyone else experiencing this? 

19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmat95,

When you say it's not loading, could you provide more details? Are you receiving any error messages?

JamesC

Emmat95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

no I’m not receiving any error messages. When I click to open the app it will stay in the first screen with the “home” logo on it. I can’t get any further than that. 

Thanks,

Emma. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmat95,

Are you able to log in using a different device? Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Emmat95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My partner in the same household is not having any issues. I have also logged in on my computer without any  problems. 
It’s physically just not going past the intro screen or giving me an option to log in on my phone.

Thanks,

Emma. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmat95,

Try clearing the app from your iOS by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > select the Arlo Secure App > Delete App.

After the app has been completely removed, download a fresh installation from the app store and test to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Emmat95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have tried this quite a few times with no luck. 

Thanks,

Emma. 

Emmat95
Aspirant
Aspirant

I waited a month for the app to update thinking this might just be a bug. But still no luck. 

still can’t access arlo app on my phone. Any other suggestions as to why this is happening? 

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been a problem for iPhones for several months now....since the "Arlo Secure" app was released. The "old" app worked fine but now I cannot use my phone to access my library or devices. It is a pain in the . ***. And no one seems to have the answer to when they will fix this.

8simplerules
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating with the most recent update. 

MsPeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

This exact thing has just happened to my account too. Did you ever find out how to fix it? I can see the cameras on the computer, but on my phone app it doesn’t show me anything but the Arlo emblem. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MsPeep wrote:

This exact thing has just happened to my account too. Did you ever find out how to fix it? I can see the cameras on the computer, but on my phone app it doesn’t show me anything but the Arlo emblem. 

Try restarting the phone.  Then put it into airplane mode before you launch the app.  If that seems to work, then put the phone back into the normal mode.

MsPeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

That didn't work 😞 Any other ideas? I just seem the arlo emblem (the circle with a house in it) when I click on the app and nothing happens. I think I have the legacy plan. I don't have a monthly subscription plan, and don't want one. I just want to look at my cameras when I want to.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, try connecting your mobile device to your home wifi, enable airplane mode on the mobile device and then launch the Arlo app. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

John19470
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I still experience the same behavior. My iPhone just shows the Home picture with a circle around it. 

MsPeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still doesn’t work 😞

MsPeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried signing in again and now it works! I hadn’t tried to open the app or do anything with my account for 4 days and now it works. Go figure. 

John19470
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am glad it works now for you! Mine still will not work. I put a ticket into Arlo’s customer support three days ago and they finally got back to me asking for more information with a screenshot. Good grief. 

BrainguyLV
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrainguyLV wrote:

I am having the same issue! 

Did you try

1. restarting the phone
  2. putting it into airplane mode (disabling both mobile data and wifi connections)
  3. launching the app, and waiting for the internet connection error
  4. taking the phone out of airplane mode

Most users are saying they can log in again after doing this.