Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted access user has full access but not receiving push notification on his Android phone

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NyctoKatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

The user that has been granted access to my Arlo Pro is not getting any push notifications. The user has been given full access and needs to be able to get these notifications as well. How do we fix this? His notifications in his Andriod phone are enabled as well, for the record.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if the phone is rebooted and the app reinstalled?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you take pushes too ??

Pushes are on for all or off for all, while emails can be user selected

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NyctoKatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notifications for that app are enabled. I don't have an option that is labeled "push notifications" so I am unsure what specifically you are talking about. In the Arlo app when going to the notifications option, it redirects us to the phones settings for notifications.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Push notifications (as well as all settings for a camera) are in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here if unsure what those are. In addition, the phone settings for the app have to allow notifications. Part of that is to also check that all permissions are allowed.

NyctoKatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh yes, those were already enabled under the Mode, and notifications are allowed on the phone. Also, he has been given full permission to everything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I meant the app permissions in the phone settings.

NyctoKatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

the app permissions are enabled in the phone setting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if the phone is rebooted and the app reinstalled?

NyctoKatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked! Thank you! The phone had been rebooted before and didn't work. However, we uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, and reinstalled that app and now it works.