Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ssanders12
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband installed a 2nd camera to our year old system. It automatically came up in my IOS app, but not in his. I tried to grant access but the new camera is not in the list to grant access to. He had adminstrative rights to the base station and the initial camera. How can I get the 2nd camera to come up in his IOS app? I updated his app in case that was a problem, but didn't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ssanders12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I was able to go online on the computer and grant access there. Seems to be a bug in the app. Thanks for all the help!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@ssanders12

If it showed up on your app, but not his, then you are the primary account holder. Go to your account > Grant Access and click on all the cameras that you want to share. The new camera probly hasn't been selected yet.

I think things have changed. Although I granted Administrative Priviledges to my wife's account, I can not edit anything on her phone.

Brian

ssanders12
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new camera does not show up in the my list to grant access 

brh
Master
Master

@ssanders12

Very interesting. Go into the apps Settings screen on both phones and look for Shared Devices. The person, (phone) that has no shared devices is the primary account holder. The other person should have some shared devices. 

When the cameras were added, which account was used to sync them?

Secondly, how many cameras were on the account before this?

Brian

ssanders12
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account is the primary and I syned them on mine. Mine says My devices and shows the 2 cameras. One of those cameras was from before, today we added the 2nd one.  His app shared devices shows only the camera that was installed last year.

brh
Master
Master

@ssanders12

You say when you try to grant access from your account it does not show up either in your list or his list.

Just to be sure it is not the app that is buggy, if you have a pc, log in to your account at 

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

and see if you can make the changes there.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@ssanders12

I had recently purchased the Arlo Audio Doorbell and chime. They did not show up on my wife's app. So I went into the Settings > Grant Access and clicked on my wife's list. I noticed that at the top right of the screen there was the word, Edit. I clicked on that and suddenly they showed up.

Brian

ssanders12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I was able to go online on the computer and grant access there. Seems to be a bug in the app. Thanks for all the help!