Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you don't tell Google assistant which TV/Chromecast, it will default to the first alphabetical option. Within the Google Home app, under Devices you can select "Default TV" but this command does not play well I guess. It totally works for music and Netflix and would decrease the command request length. Every second counts when trying to figure out who is at your front door.
4 REPLIES 4
Norcalarlo
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the feedback! That helped a lot. Also I found that the nickname of the camera is vital to Google Home or Google Assistant being able to cast it. I had named my cameras "Front Porch view" and "Back Porch" to which Google Home only wanted to show me rad videos from YouTube when asked. I changed the names to something more unique and now it works quite well.
allnicksgone
Guide
Guide
Norcalarlo,
Can you give an example of a nickname that would work? I'm struggling to get anything but YouTube videos to show.
Norcalarlo
Initiate
Initiate
"Front Porch" was changed to "Porch Delivery View". No more YouTube videos after that. I say "Show my Porch Delivery View on Master Bedroom TV" and it works. Also, I went into the Google Home app to update the nickname under Home Control settings. The actual name of my Arlo cameras I left alone.
allnicksgone
Guide
Guide
I wasn't having any luck no matter what I changed the name to.

Then I discovered saying "What's on front porch" will work instead of saying "show me front porch".