Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
KevPatto
Follower
Follower

Library videos will not play. All I see is a white screen with a spinning wheel. These were working fine yesterday but this morning we received a server unreachable error message and since then while I get alerts and the video appears in the library it won't open. This is the same on and iPhone 7, iPhone XR and iPad as well as the web portal. Have restarted the base station, deleted apps and reinstalled and tried the Arlo Legacy app but all with the same result. Any idea's ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up from your library on the Arlo app or web client, please let us know.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JeroenZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, since today I can’t view my recorded videos anymore. I can see what is happening live. The message I get when I want to see the recordings says “no server found with the given hostname”. Is the service down or do I have to change the settings?

XwolfX1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iceman35
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem since a few hours. Even yesterday the recordings were not available for many hours.

Live-stream is ok....

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same issues.  I am getting alerts about activity but can not view the recordings.  All started today.

AC501
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having serious problems since about 7PM EST tonight. Unable to log in on my phone. I can log in on the lap top, but cant see recorded videos. Keep getting an error something about the server not available ?? Also not getting notifications

Teejayjay18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see others are having same issue. I can’t view my recorded videos anymore. I can see what is happening live. The message I get when I want to see the recordings says “no server found with the given hostname”. Is the service down or do I have to change the settings?
kaiwalsh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem, have been all day.
Rooster999
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here since yesterday. Problem with NO SERVER named HOST? Any idea why?
Telboy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not able to see any recordings only blank boxes where recording should show. When I click on the blank box I get the message that the server with the specified host name could not be found. This only happened since 21/10/2019. Am using iPhone 6s and also iPad Air 2

Telboy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny after an online chat a few minutes ago reporting this exact problem and they telling me that no one else had reported it!,,, Suddenly it started working again!,,,

Advised to update my iPhone .......why it was working perfectly up until yesterday 21/10/2019 and no I haven’t updated my iOS version!,,,,

Telboy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

OOPS spoke too soon, it’s gone **bleep** up again..?..

Tomatochen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the same issue here, when linked to home wireless Wi-Fi. Using my mobile data I have no issue. Arlo, please fix ASAP. Very inconveniences.
Gnobbe
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue - started yesterday 10/22.  My attempt to fix it - Cycled the base, not fixed.  Cycled the router, and finally got the system on-line, but the "no server found message" problem was still there.  Cannot pull up recorded videos.  Spent 45 minutes on Chat trouble shooting - agent told me they are getting multiple calls and chats regarding this same issue.  He had no fix, but said their tech team is working on it .... I just hope it does not take as long is it took them to fix the double notification problem.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is looking into reports regarding this where some users are receiving an error stating "no server found with the given hostname." We'll share any new information or updates when we hear back from the team. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up from your library on the Arlo app or web client, please let us know.