Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Candy_141
Tutor
Tutor

I keep getting kicked out of the app. It lets me sign in then starts to bring everything up then immediately kicks me out before I can view anything. My spouse can get in his with no problem and I have my own account login. I’ve tried removing the app and reinstalling it, in addition to restarting my phone and it does not help. Anybody have anything to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Candy_141
Tutor
Tutor
So I figured out a solution. My spouse removed me from the devices and then reshaped with me and now it is working fine upon logging back in on the app. Not sure what caused it but just glad it’s working again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Candy_141 wrote:
I keep getting kicked out of the app. It lets me sign in then starts to bring everything up then immediately kicks me out before I can view anything. My spouse can get in his with no problem and I have my own account login. I’ve tried removing the app and reinstalling it, in addition to restarting my phone and it does not help. Anybody have anything to help?

Do you use any 3rd party integrations lie SmartThings?  I had trouble with that and had to disable it.

Have you tried logging in using a browser rather than a mobile app?

Which devices and apps are you using?  Android, iOS, PC, MacOS, which browsers? What versions of everything.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Candy_141,

Also make sure that you don't have another person logging onto the account as the same time as you. Otherwise, it'll log you out. You can read more about it here: How can multiple people access the same Arlo account?

Candy_141
Tutor
Tutor
I have my own login/account so this shouldn’t be the issue. It was working fine for the first month the. Over the last few weeks it just started glitching like this.
Candy_141
Tutor
Tutor
I do have SmartThings app but I don’t have my Arlo connected to it. I had the SmartThings app well befor the Arlo app and it worked fine for the first month or so it has just been the last few weeks it has been giving me issues.

My spouse, who has his own login/account, is experiencing no issues on his iPhone with latestest software update.

I have iOS iPhone XS with the latest software update. 12.1.4. The glitch did not coincide with an update that I noticed. I can get in on a browser, but I want to access it from the app so I can view the activity immediately if needed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you log in to your account on your spouse's iPhone, does the issue persist?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Candy_141 wrote:
I do have SmartThings app but I don’t have my Arlo connected to it. I had the SmartThings app well befor the Arlo app and it worked fine for the first month or so it has just been the last few weeks it has been giving me issues.

My spouse, who has his own login/account, is experiencing no issues on his iPhone with latestest software update.

I have iOS iPhone XS with the latest software update. 12.1.4. The glitch did not coincide with an update that I noticed. I can get in on a browser, but I want to access it from the app so I can view the activity immediately if needed.

Try logging in using a browser to see if you get booted off there also.  If you do and If you are certain no one else is logging into your account, check to be sure your Arlo didn’t somehow get connected to your SmartThings system.  When I tried that, SmartThings kept kicking me out of the app because it was logging in so it could control the Arlo system. 

You could also also try changing your Arlo account password on the browser interface to see if that stops the problem.

Candy_141
Tutor
Tutor
So I figured out a solution. My spouse removed me from the devices and then reshaped with me and now it is working fine upon logging back in on the app. Not sure what caused it but just glad it’s working again.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Glad it worked out.  I believe Arlo made some changes to the code related to camera sharing in V2.7.2 or V2.7.4 to fix a problem that caused the snapshot and recording buttons from appearing for appropriately shared and permissioned users, so perhaps your problem was a side effect of that change.