Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Roamabout
Luminary
Luminary

Apologies if this has been covered already, search was not fruitful and I'm new to Arlo.

I have geofencing enabled with my phone and my wife's phone, both Galaxy S7's. What is the expected behavior if my wife turns off her phone while she is at home ?. Does geofencing just remember the last known location of that phone and stick with that until the device is powered up again and confirms its location ?.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roamabout,

For Geofencing to change based on a devices location, the device must be turned on. If the phone is off, it will show as unavailable in the Geofencing devices list and will not have any impact on the current mode.

JamesC

Roamabout
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesCwrote:

Roamabout,

For Geofencing to change based on a devices location, the device must be turned on. If the phone is off, it will show as unavailable in the Geofencing devices list and will not have any impact on the current mode.

JamesC

If that is the expected behavior I would say that it isnt working. My wifes phone has been turned off for the last 24 hours and it still shows on my phone as "in zone". This is actually the behavior that I would like, have the system remember the state that the phone was in the last time it registered.  If the state of her phone is "unavailable", what does that mean when my phone is out of zone. Does the Arlo arm or not ?