Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - iPhone don't show up under enabled devices

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mjmfla
Guide
Guide

I have Geofencing set up.  Both users have access to the account.  my phone (Mitchell) is not staying Enabled under the Geofencing Enabled Devices.  I was only able to get this screenshot below before it disappears from Enabled Devices.  You can see it's showing Unavailable.  But it doesn't stay on this screen for me to de-select it.  It disappears and only Robs phone shows.

How do I get it to stay on this page so it shows Out of Zone (I'm not at home)?

I have GPS and Location enabled on my phone.

Image-1.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
brewtoo
Initiate
Initiate

I’m surprised you got geofencing working with the apostrophes in the phone names. Mine wouldn’t.

kennych
Aspirant
Aspirant

It should not be use apostrophes or the geofencing may not workable. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjmfla,

This is likely an issue with special characters in your iphone's name. The default name generally contains an apostrophe (JamesC's Iphone). Change this to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and try going through geofencing setup again.

JamesC

Mjmfla
Guide
Guide

I don’t see how to change this. My phone name and the other phone name doesn’t have an apostrophe.
Where do I change this so Arlo doesn’t add the “ ‘s “. Btw. On phone works fine and the other keeps showing as Unavailable. One phone is listed under Enabled Devices and under Push Notifications, but the item count for both is 2, not one. My phone which shows as Unavailable but is recognized by Arlo, shows me going In and out of the Geofence and receives notifications.

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help.
Thanks.

Mjmfla
Guide
Guide
I was able to remove the apostrophe on one phone. Then needed to toggle on / off a few times they enabled devices , push notifications, and swapped geofencing armed/disarmed home away twice and now my phone stays on the sceeens and GF may be working. Will need to go outside the fence to truly test. Will also change name of 2nd phone so it doesn’t have an apostrophe. Thanks.
Mjmfla
Guide
Guide

Geofencing now working for us on the outbound. Armed automatically.  We'll see what happens when the first one arrives home.