Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
baumbachaflocka
Follower
Follower

The old app worked great with geofencing, it would not arm unless every device left the area. Now it always arms if just 1 person leaves. My system is configuration is the following: anyone arrives> standby, everyone leaves> arm away

They are both set to always enabled and I have made sure that both my devices are setup correctly with always allowing precise location, notifications and do not have battery saver on. Its so frustrating because the old app worked great and the new one is so bad and we were forced to switch when we added the new cameras.

More info there is 1 iphone and 1 android phone used for geofencing, I have it set to the largest area and no other automations except for the geofencing ones.

127 REPLIES 127
patrickfraser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am looking for any support from someone who may have had similar issues.

I had my arlo system working perfectly and had no complaints. Then, they changed the app and the system has never worked again. I left it because i moved house but i have just reset up the cameras and they still dont work properly.

I have a routine to turn the cameras on at night and off again in the morning as well as GPS arm home and arm away setup. None of it activates. The only way i can do it is by manually switching. I also lost all my functionality about turning off animal notifications, i am constantly getting wrong alerts (e.g. last night one camera got 376 audio notifications despite me turning audio off and drained the whole battery).

I am at a point where i am considering selling it all and moving to something else, all because of the app. I have been on the phone to help for hours, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Deleted the routines and reinstated. I really dont know what else to do. Would greatly appreciate your support.

System consists of 

8 x Pro 4

2 x Pro Floodlight

1 x Door Ring

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lwthomas1 Have you tried selecting the (+) Under Automations > Add Arrive/Leave?

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did that before I setup the schedules.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@patrickfraser wrote:

I also lost all my functionality about turning off animal notifications,

Smart notifications are still configurable.  Press on the profile icon on the upper left, then home.  You'll find Smart Notifications in there.

@patrickfraser wrote:

last night one camera got 376 audio notifications despite me turning audio off and drained the whole battery.

Did you turn off audio detection in the three modes?

If you did, you should try a hardware factory reset of the camera:

• remove it from the account
  • hold down sync until the camera LED flashes amber ( ~15 seconds)
  • add it back to the account

@patrickfraser wrote:

I have a routine to turn the cameras on at night and off again in the morning as well as GPS arm home and arm away setup. None of it activates.

The combination of geofencing+scheduling doesn't completely work, and the setup is a mess.  But you should be able to get most of the transitions working.  Maybe try removing the schedule, and then focus on getting geofencing working by itself.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Both are supposed to work together. We are aware of the behavior that is being seen and the development team is currently looking into this. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Redsoxhhi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can imagine 90% of the users want this function. Arlo make it easy 2 buttons

Kmo321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue the old app was a lot easier and worked

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

My schedule stopped working a few weeks ago.  I discovered this when I realised my Arlo lights were no longer switching on at night.

I have deleted and recreated the schedule.  I have restarted the Bridge.  I have the latest app.  None of these actions have helped.

Everything works ok if I manually set Armed and Disarmed.  I just can't get the Schedule mode to work.

Any ideas please?

Thank you.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You would normally have to power cycle the base station/hub to get the schedule to start working again.

If this does not resolve it then try removing all your camera devices from the arlo account and add them back again seems to be the latest arlo fix.

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.  I’ll give those actions a go.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JC147 wrote:

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.  I’ll give those actions a go.  

Try scheduling the cameras first (not just the security lights).

If the schedule issue is just with the lights, then removing/readding the base and cameras isn't likely to help.  

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Stephen.  I only have lights.   Thank you for your reply.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JC147 wrote:

Thank you Stephen.  I only have lights.   Thank you for your reply.  

So no hub either, just the lights and the bridge?

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Stephen, that’s correct.  Just lights and a bridge.  Thank you.  

grahamam107
Aspirant
Aspirant

On 2024-05-04 you promised to provide an answer as soon as possible.  It is now 2024-05-28 with no updates.  How do i arrange compensation for my plan fees for months of no reliable service.  My geofencing is also not working.  The automation to Arm when everyone leaves does not work.  In the old app, maybe going back a bit, you could tell if the phone was 'away' or 'home'.  This functionality seems to have disappeared.  I am 99.9% certain that correct devices are showing for arm away.  Switching to standby when anyone arrives works perfectly for all mobile devices.  I also have a problem where the settings do not propagate from my mobile app to myarlo on my desktop computer.  When I logged in to myarlo desktop today, the Home (arrive) automation was set to disabled, even though it was enable on my phone when I logged out of the app.

Can we have an update here please, and advice on compensation?

grahamam107
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the Arlo App Routines > Automations there is an option under automations 'home - leave' to either choose 'everyone' or specific people.  In my case 'person1, person2, and person3' (not their real names obviously).  

For everyone leaves, this logically means person1 AND person2 AND person3.  If I choose the alternate option for specific people and I choose two of the three people, does that mean person1 AND person2 or does it mean person1 OR person2?

The same question goes for the 'home - arrive' automation where anyone arrives presumably means 1 OR 2 OR 3, but what does specific people mean.  If I choose first two people does it mean 1 OR 2, 1 AND 2, 1 AND 2 NOT 3?

Can anyone point me to an Arlo user manual content that describes routine in detail?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It really should be documented.

I'm thinking "Leave" is logical AND and "Arrive" is logical OR.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, yes, although I still need to remove and reinstall the lights as per advice from another user.  That’s a job for this weekend 😀.  Thank you.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you seeing the same behavior or did the reset work and have you up and running?

JC147
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, thank you for asking.   I still have the issue I’m afraid.

I removed all lights, restarted the bridge, re-added the lights and the schedule worked!  However, I took the opportunity to recharge the lights as I’d taken them down from their normal spots.  Post recharge, I tested the schedule again and to my disappointment it had stopped working again!

I’m going to experiment a bit more when I have time.  For now, I’m manually switching between armed and disarmed.  

Thank you everyone.

Run262
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem light bridge schedule does not arm or disarm based on schedule. already tried multiple times to cancel schedule and create a new one. Also reset the bridge. None of these steps have worked. Waiting on a solution.

klbyrkit
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do get to live human? the chat says they are sending an email but I never get it.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We may be able to help you here in the community. If you could provide more information pertaining to what you are needing.

dleads
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same, the new app is horrible- it seems you can't have both an automation running: ( ie: at sunset arm away (or arm home) and sunrise (arm away (or arm home), and the geofencing work once all devices leave the property - it stays on the last automation status - regardless of geofencing at home or away from home.

Should have never upgraded my iphone, would have still been using the old free app, not this one that I pay for that doesn't work properly.

Ive called Arlo india numerous times, and no one can help solve the issue

Discussion stats