Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing arms itself even when my wife is still "in zone". Tried deleting and re-inviting.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dazednconfuzd
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I have iPhone 7 pluses and when I go out of zone it arms the system but it shouldn't because my wife is still "in zone".  Also, my wife's phone is listed two times in the list of enabled devices and I can't delete one of them.  I've deleted her phone and re-invited her and it adds two of her phones again to the list.  Geofencing was working for a long time.  I think ever since the latest update it started having problems.

11 REPLIES 11
dazednconfuzd
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Geofencing radius size will not stay at "medium" after i select it.  I select medium and then click save and it goes right back to small.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey dazednconfuzd,

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

C-Fish
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing with 2 iPhones setup and functioning. However it appears that the second phone, after some time, loses the ability to access its location IF the app is not opened. This has the effect that even though the 2nd phone is home, it is unrecognized and status moves to “away” if the 1st phone is outside the defined range.

IF the app on phone 2 is opened, it seems to enable the location again...for a period...and then disabled again. Anyone experiencing the same??
dazednconfuzd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having this problem.....
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Yes, we experience exactly the same problem - really annoying !!!

@Arlo, when will you fix this problem

dazednconfuzd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having this problem...... I've checked the Arlo support knowledge base and all my settings are correct.
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

... or maybe slightly different. After some time the 2nd iPhone is not location recognized.
Which means that even the 2 iPhones are outside the defined Geofence the Arlo alarm is not set as the system belives the 2nd iPhone is still at home :-

Fly15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing not recognizing home from away as of 2 days ago
dazednconfuzd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having Geo Fencing problems. 2 iPhones, when one leaves the area it triggers the armed mode even though the other iPhone is still in zone. Also the Geo Fencing radius size will not stay on any other size other than small. Man, I wish they would fix this....
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Well, my wife and me/I have an iPhone 10Xs each. 

My geofencing seems to work fine even the Arlo app is closed completely = even not active in the background on iPhone.

However, my wife's geofence seems only to work properly if the Arlo app is at least active in the background on her iPhone.

If she close the Arlo app completely on her iPhone the geolocation seems not to be read from her iPhone after a while.

This is really annoying because if this happen you never know if the last geolocation read from her phone was status "At home" or "Away" ...

This means if I am "Away" and the last read from my wife iPhone was "At home" - and my wife moves "Away" the alarm won't arm as it's supposed to to in the "Geofencing mode".

If she moves from "Away" to "At home" - it won't automatically disarm as is should.

Btw. both iPhone's location settings are exactly the same !!!

This is strange and really annoying !!!

ARLO PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP

Br,

Ole

C-Fish
Aspirant
Aspirant
Absolutely the same at this end. Concerned that this may be a security issue on iOS and Arlo may not be able to find a work around. It may be that the “partner” app just has to be open. Not really a solution though...