Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't connect to base station. Tried different power cord and use different battery.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
asn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000r3 base station, running firmware 1.16.2.5_3508_62dfaa0, with qty 2 - Pro cameras, and qty 2 - Pro2 cameras.  Everything was working great, then one of my cameras (furthest from the base) kept disconnecting.  I thought it was the power cord.  I tried a different power cord, power block, put a fresh battery in it, and nothing changed.  I then moved it close to the base, and same thing, so I removed it from my base. 

Now I can't get it to connect back to the base.  When I try syncing it, I get the flashing light on the base, as well as the camera, then after a few minutes the camera starts blinking amber then turns off.   

I have the camera 6 inches from the base, and have tried syncing from the app, webpage, and with the buttons on the base/camera.  I have also rebooted the base (several times)

Is this camera toast, or is there something else I can try?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Makke
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m passing thru the same problem since two days, the problem isn’t from the camera because i tried it on another base station and it worked normally, i even opened a case for thos issu but no reply from Arlo for now! Bad service
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does sound like a bad camera. When syncing are you only briefly pressing the base sync button and not holding it for 2 seconds? If still not good, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

asn
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is out of warranty.  With that in mind, I haven't contacted support.  🙂

asn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting.   If you hear back from support, and/or find a fix, please post it here.  thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@asn wrote:

The camera is out of warranty.  With that in mind, I haven't contacted support.  🙂

You can still contact support to see if they can help.

asn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just spent an hour on with support (chat), and went though all of the tests I had already done.  He said the camera is bad (camera is out of warranty, but not by a ton).

I asked how long should these cameras last, he said it depends on how I use them.  I told him this was mounted on a ceiling, running on power (no battery), and he said this is bad for the camera.  He said I should only run them off of the battery.  I sent him this link https://kb.arlo.com/1145362/What-new-features-does-Arlo-Pro-offer showing that Arlo says they can run off of just AC power, and he told me it is bad for the camera.

My other cameras are all mounted and running off of AC power.  Should I switch to a different brand, instead of replacing this camera?