Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jimbo435
Guide
Guide

I've got some cameras inside and outside.  I want the inside cameras not to respond to motion when I am home, but the outside cameras to always respond to motion.  Is this possible now, and if so how do I set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

In geofencing you choose a mode for armed and disarmed. In either of these you can choose schedule mode as your armed or disarmed. However you can't use the geofencing mode and a schedule mode at the same time. You can only choose a schedule mode inside the geofencing mode as your armed or disarmed state. (which is kind of like using them both at the same time)

A bit confusing, but hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yes. Set up custom modes (under the mode tab). Create one for away and one for home. In the away mode choose the cameras you want to record when away. In the home mode choose the cameras you want to record when your home. Then edit the geofencing mode and under away choose your custom away mode and under disarm choose your custom home mode.

Jimbo435
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  However, if I also have some scheduled differences already, theres no way to use those too, correct?

Right now I am having issues with one camera that gets hit by the sun for about 45 minutes.  So I scheduled that camera to be dormant during that time, but active all other times.  

If I am correct, I can either schedule or geofence, but not both.  right?

Jim

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

In geofencing you choose a mode for armed and disarmed. In either of these you can choose schedule mode as your armed or disarmed. However you can't use the geofencing mode and a schedule mode at the same time. You can only choose a schedule mode inside the geofencing mode as your armed or disarmed state. (which is kind of like using them both at the same time)

A bit confusing, but hope that makes sense.

Jimbo435
Guide
Guide

Thanks!  I will give that a try.