Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing & Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mrs_Estalilla
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing used to work just fine. Then, probably after an update, sometime in the spring of 2017, geofencing stoped working. At first, it would stop recognizing me leaving/entering the zone. Now, that I got a new iPhone, I cannot even set up a geofencing zone based on my location. I enter all the necessary information, chose Away = Armed, Home = Schedule,  select my new phone as the enabled device (btw, I can't even remove my old phone fron the list), click save. It gives me "your base is ready", I click Finish, it goes to the list of modes and immediately switches into disarmed mode. When I go into geofencing mode, it makes go from the beginning, as if none of what I just did was saved. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! When is this going to get fixed? I have already removed and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, made sure all the geolocating settings of my phone are on, yet still it's doing the same thing. 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mrs_Estalilla,

Are you in the Home location? If so, it sounds like "Disarmed" is the correct mode based on your Geofencing settings. Do the cameras Arm if you leave the location radius?

JamesC

Mrs_Estalilla
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC, I am not new to this and I know how this should work. No, the system doesn’t switch to Armed when I leave the zone. It can’t even save the Home zone to begin with. (And it us d to. In June I was able to monitor my house from Mexico and everything worked fine then. Now it just doesn’t work. )
And I know what symbols (the geo pin and the clock) should be next to the Schedule Mode when Geofencing is enabled. These symbols are not there because Geolocation doesn’t save my Home zone at all. He software just stopped working!