Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 70 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
notrabbi5
Guide
Guide

My wife is on IOS 15.6 and I am on IOS 16. We both have the most updated arlo app. The only cause I have been able to come up with is that it has stopped switching between home and away mode automatically (based on our locations) since I upgraded to IOS 16. The app still knows where both of us are however the mode doesn't switch between home and away as it had been doing previously and just stays on the mode it is set on (or scheduled to be on). Arlo is there a solution or fix for this?

70 REPLIES 70
Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

No problem.

Thank you! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Actually, It looks like this is a known issue at the moment and the Dev team is investigating. I will continue to provide updates as I receive them.

Thanks 

Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

Also FWIW,

I noticed when I look at each camera, it's only showing her name/phone checked under 1 of the 3 cameras.

The other 2 cameras display her phone/name, but I'm unable to select them.

notrabbi5
Guide
Guide

Glad Arlo is looking into it, thanks for keeping us informed on the status!

Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

I have found a fix.

I deleted my wife's phone as a user and added it back. Seems to work as it should now. 

Fh_brd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Q plus cameras. All are set up the same with Geo fencing enabled. Same device on all four cameras (iPhone 14).

only one camera will switch between home and away based on iPhone location. The other three do t change at all.

i reinstalled app. Changed mode settings several times and saved. Still not working on the three cameras.

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

JUST LIKE 6 MTHS OR SO AGO - ITS NOT GETTING CORRECT GPS LOCATIONS - SO IT DONT TRUN ON / OFF SAME ISSUE. & ON GEO SCREEN & I HIT THE CENTERING LOCATION BUTTON ( WHT/ GREEN ARROW) IT MOVES MY LOCATIOPN TO ABOUT 1 MILE AWAY & IM AT HOME -

SAME AS LAST TIME PLZ DO THE SAME CORRECTION AGAIN PLZ

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do realize that geofencing relies on the phone and its settings, right? Arlo simply takes the available infor from the phone to determine if it's in or out of zone.

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

YES ITS NOT MY PHONE ( GURU).

IT ONLY HAPPENDS WITH THE ARLO APP. ALL MY OTHER APPS WORK JUST FINE RIGHT DWN TO THE FOOT (darn near) - INCLUDING THE ST OF FLA APP. SO PLZ DONT TELL ME THAT. ITS THE ARLO APP. 

LOOK INTO IT - ITS NOT THE 1ST 2DN OR 3RD TIME - ITS THE APP

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

THIS HAPPENDS TO MANY - MANY OF US - EVERY TIME APP IS UPDATED

YEA RIGHT - THE TIRE IS ONLY FLAT ON THE BOTTOM. PLX -

MY SON WORKS FOR THE FEDS - ( TO LOCATE PHONES ( HIS JOB) SO PLX DONT BLAME THE COUSTOMER - WHEN ITS THE APP & HAS BEEN FOR YRS 

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Maybe it's because caps lock is stuck! 

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

plz come on - geofencing is not working at all now - - distance dont matter.

& now on just all armed - working so slow - im inside 3 mins or more then it tells me ive tripped the camera.

its gone from bad to worse

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@royemello ,

The Base station may need power cycling.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

It's the GPS that's not being registered by Arlo. 

Neither Android phones are registering that we leave our zone. Not untill you open the app and toggle modes. Or log out and back in again. Will geo fencing work. 

So no it is not the base station. That is connected to the internet. And we leave at home when we go out. 

Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

Agreed. I have an Android and am experiencing the same thing. I've mentioned to tech support that it's an issue with the app but they don't seem to want to hear that. 

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

i was 40 miles from my home today - tried to turn on geofencing ( 1 mobile app only) & it did not recognize i was away from home base ( correct address listed in app) - really 40 miles ?

so now system is not working at all. when i arrived home - cameras did trip -  but only on armed ( full time) only.

if your going to cut any updates - can you make them work . the app too 1st - or is arlo just junk.

ive been a loyal customer - but this is just not good.

maybe the tv adds - $ should be spent on fixing the currant system plz

this has gone on way too long

thank you

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

shane - arlo geo - is NOT working at all - it does recognize im home - but never - any distance - recognize im away - so its the GPS function of app. ive cleared any other apps off my phone - all setting are correct -  - no GPS with arlo app. any help at all on this ? i ride a motorcycle - its really needed - when i leave home.

thz plz reply

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

fyi - arlo app IS using  GPS on my phone. 

it shows up being used. so the app is not working the GPS  - so geofencing is not working

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I have found that Geofencing is not seeing us leave our zone. Whilst home. If I toggle from schedule and back to Geofencing, the system says I am at home. I then leave the zone and Geofencing does not recognize this and stays in Home mode. But whilst out of the zone I need toggle between scheduled and Geofencing. The system says I am at home, and then says I am away. 

But as soon as I get home Geofencing sees this and changes to Home mode.

So it is working coming home but not leaving. 

I have reproduced this 3 times now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version? The app needs the phone to do the locating so it may be a phone issue. Smasung phones seem to be having recent issues for some reason.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Samsung s21

OS Android version 13

Regardless, should Arlo not be across any changes to the platform that carries their product.

And supply fixes to keep their product current. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like you will need to upgrade your phone to a different brand.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Good constructive advice..... Not. 

Happens on my wife's P30pro too. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

My iPhone and partner’s iPhone 5s have the exact same issues so know your frustration.

I recall that the geofencing worked perfectly back in late 2018 for about 6 months, then became unreliable and still is.

I checked the geofencing performance after every time I update the app and it always has had problems.

The latest is the same as you mentioned but with the twist that it can take up to an hour for the away mode to activate so you can be 30miles from home before your property is protected.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that it helps but my Pixel 6 and geofencing works fine. Don't forget that Samsung isn't plain vanilla Android - they do things for their own purposes. Yes, Arlo and Samsung and Apple all need to work together to make things work properly but when the phone manufacturer makes changes it's always an invitation to break things.