Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Herrnwingert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my ARLO PRO system since the end of 2015. I started with 5 cameras strategically placed around the outside my house. All worked well at first.

About 6 months ago the two cameras furthest from my router started losing connection regularly. I would renew the batteries but after a week or two they would lose connection and the batteries would drain while trying to re-establish a connection. 

Now the remaining three cameras nearest the router (max distance 10 metres, min 3 metres) are doing the same. Most recently, after only 4 days with new batteries, the connections are lost and the batteries drain trying to re-establish the connection.

Any advice would be welcomed.

All router lights remain on green. 

Are the cameras getting too old? Is the router getting too old? 

I have other WiFi in my house but that was there at the time I first installed the system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If it happened 6 months ago its hard to say. May 15th they released a fimware update that had a bug that would cause the issues you described. Batteries draining signal strength issues etc. So not sure if this is whats happening or if you have wifi issues. Ive had my pro system for a year and it was fine till may 15th. There currently doing a field trial of new firmware. I would try to get on it to see if it helps your issues.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If it happened 6 months ago its hard to say. May 15th they released a fimware update that had a bug that would cause the issues you described. Batteries draining signal strength issues etc. So not sure if this is whats happening or if you have wifi issues. Ive had my pro system for a year and it was fine till may 15th. There currently doing a field trial of new firmware. I would try to get on it to see if it helps your issues.
Herrnwingert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for the reply. The new firmware is no doubt the cause of my most recent problems i.e. the 3 cameras I still have operational. 

Whatever caused the connection loss l had some months ago with the 2 cameras furthest from the base/router is still not clear. Maybe I will try again when the firmware issue gets resolved.

Herrnwingert
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW my version number is: 2.5.2.896_21688, release date 06/11/18

Herrnwingert
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has happened again. Last Sunday (17th June) I put new batteries in one of the cameras that keeps losing connection. (I didn't bother with the second dead camera). I wanted to test how long it would last.  It was showing full batteries and good connection for four days. On the fifth day it was dead - batteries flat. So, it lasted 4 days! System completely useless.

Version
2.5.3.899_21733
Released
06/19/18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Herrnwingert,

New base station firmware was released recently that should help with the issue you're describing. Check to make sure your base station is up to date with the latest firmware: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Base station, Arlo Wire-Free Base station 21st June 2018

JamesC