Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mattcang
Follower
Follower
Lots of posts about Chrome and Flash issues on PC when logging into Arlo portal....cannot view live feed because Flash needs to be updated and even though updates applied, same update message. So many questions about this and so many are listed as SOLVED...this is NOT solved and you posting as solved with no ability to respond is terrible customer service. Why should we as customers in 2019 have to work so hard to get your user portal to work correctly? We don't have to do this hoop-jumping for the other dozen more user portals. If your product continues to require Flash in the next year, I will be going back to Best Buy and replacing Arlo with something else. Two years of this crap is enough. Close THIS as solved.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gumutustu
Initiate
Initiate

Gang, it's Chrome trying to protect you, not Arlo. In Chrome, on your my.arlo.com page, look at the web address bar at the top - and just to the left of the https: part there's an icon of a LOCK. Click that and a little window shows up and gives you a little Flash icon and it says "Flash." And there's a drop-down menu there, and in it you can select - for your my.arlo.com page only - to allow Chrome to show Flash without asking. Pick "Allow" and your problem is solved. Don't blame Arlo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a freaking joke.
Here's what I have to go through EVERY TIME.
- Open Arlo in Chrome, then "Log In".
- Get hit with the banner prompt "A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version from here." It's already installed, it's always been installed, and updated, repeatedly, for months.
- OK, click through that and get the popup saying "arlo.netgear.com wants to Run Flash. Allow or Block."
- Click Allow.
- Webpage redraws all the way back to "Log In" again
- OK, so log in a second time.
- Finally, I get to my devices view and click on "Library"
- Then I get hit with another nag prompt "Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure. Sign Up Now"

I have to go through this same stupid, repetitive and completely unnecessary procedure every freaking time I open the Arlo app in Chrome.
Get your together people, and hire some actual programmers from this century.

As it is right now, it appears you've employed a team of code writers whose best skills are when they start pounding on their keyboards with open palms like a bunch of banana-deprived, sh*t-faced chimpanzees on crack.

I'm *this close" to ripping this system out and scrapping it.

I wouldn't dare try to sell it to some poor, unsuspecting rube.

Rfadney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Customer service is worthless, "chat" is never availanble and they charge for aswering the phone!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, no charge is ever needed, regardless of the statement in various docs. Even if there was, you'd know when they asked for a credit card at which time you could just hang up. It's always worth trying first before assuming.

Gumutustu
Initiate
Initiate

Gang, it's Chrome trying to protect you, not Arlo. In Chrome, on your my.arlo.com page, look at the web address bar at the top - and just to the left of the https: part there's an icon of a LOCK. Click that and a little window shows up and gives you a little Flash icon and it says "Flash." And there's a drop-down menu there, and in it you can select - for your my.arlo.com page only - to allow Chrome to show Flash without asking. Pick "Allow" and your problem is solved. Don't blame Arlo!

afeid
Star
Star
Huesdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

First off, thank you for that, worked great.

Secondly, although its a chrome "feature" arlo should be aware of key issues in popular browsers and share those solutions here. Not, as the original poster said, NOT provide the simple solution and mark stuff as solved.

This was a stupid issue that Arlo should have gotten ahead of.