Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware Not Updating

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

For some reason my Arlo Pro base station and cameras are not updating to the latest firmware.

My base station is stuck on firmware version 1.11.4.0_25837 and my cameras are 1.092.0.17_25364. I’ve tried manually updating but it says no updates are available. I have attempted to power cycle the base station as well. No luck on getting the update message. I tried live chatting with an Arlo agent and was just told to power cycle the system and reboot my home router which I did and still no success on getting the firmware updates.

Any suggestions? Can Arlo push the update to my base station and camera somehow?
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@DayDad

Just out of curiosity, are you experiencing any problems with the current firmware you have?

Brian

DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I have been. The current issue that I’ve been experiencing is with two way audio. Whenever I press the microphone and hold it to talk, only sometimes will my voice be heard through the camera. Not only that but after I release the push to talk button the audio of the live feed cuts out completely and I can’t hear the other person. I also noticed that the video speed seems to significantly begin to lag after releasing the push to talk button as well. I rely on the two way audio as I tend to get a lot of deliveries every now and then and was the reason why I got the Pro to begin with.

However, viewing the live feed without using the two way audio is fine and video speed/quality is normal. It’s only when using the two way audio that things don’t work out.

I’m not sure why the firmware won’t update either.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @DayDad,

What I could do if that didn't solve your issue is to create a new case for you and escalate it to our support team to further assist you. I'll send you a PM to help you with that 🙂