Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Faulty magnetic mounts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where can I get proper customer service And warranty replacement RELIABLE mounts. The standard magnetic mounts are Useless, all 4 are not secure and move around constantly under the cameras own weight, Heaven forbid there’s a slight breeze, they just change direction of orientation under the most simple of breezes. Causing the system to be set off thus destroying battery life and setting off alerts and wasting my time having to keep fixing them. I’ve sent videos of the fault to “support” been promised replacement VMA5000 mounts and all I get is some garbage about the ones in the box are fine when I follow up as to where the replacement mounts are.. Customer service clearly ISN’T a concern... don’t bother buying these cameras if they won’t supply them with VMA5000, if they can’t get me new mounts I’m expecting a full refund...
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've used the magnetic mounts for years outdoors and they don't move unless something causes them to do so (not weight). Early on the Pro cameras had an issue that was resolved by using a different surface on the mounts (rubberized rather than a rough metallic-ish surface). 

If you really want something that's more secure, do what many others, including myself, have done for years and use a threaded mount. Arlo sells various ones but there's zillions of others out there for the Googling. 

Davv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, but unfortunately of no use, it’s a warranty fault, I’m not paying to fix there problems!