Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Crall
Guide
Guide

What is happening? My system that have been up and running for years lost connection to all cameras and cant get re-synced again. 

I see several posts regarding offline cameras. Is this a server side issue?

13 REPLIES 13
Crall
Guide
Guide

They won't even sync stand on to of the base!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QQrcxdkTvMxFWX97

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your base's LEDs showing?

Crall
Guide
Guide
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Off means there are no cameras connected or the base needs to be claimed. Do all devices show in your account, even if offline?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Crall
Guide
Guide

Yes 

1000003752.png

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

There's an issue with some systems/cameras being offline. Support are aware, but Dev Team have no timescale to fix this issue. Welcome to wonderful Arlo, where one spends a lot of money and receives a half-baked product instead. 

This company has NO RESPECT for its customers.

Crall
Guide
Guide

Yes, this will cancel my subscription and I will buy another system on Monday. 

My system have been offline for 2 days now and nothing works.

I manage to delete a camera and after 2 hours of trying to pair it again it finally synced. 3 other cameras also came online, but I pressed play on one and now they all are offline again.

When the system status page  says no issues at Arlo site you know that they lie!

Crall
Guide
Guide

It also drains the batteries in the cameras!

JDSec
Tutor
Tutor

Mine has also been offline since Aug 28 

however does somehow capture what I have set to smart recordings . 🤷🏻‍♀️

annoyingly that means constant notifications also. 

I’ve also cancelled my subscription for now and I’m  looking at other options

Crall
Guide
Guide

I got some sporadically notifications from one camera, but not smart notification as I still have subscription for. But all is still offline.

1000003825.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try removing one camera from the account and resyncing.  You'll likely need to use the manual sync instead of using "add device".

If that doesn't resolve it, I suggest getting phone support via the app.

Crall
Guide
Guide

Done that already, do not work, the cameras takes hours to sync back again.

Crall
Guide
Guide

Had a chat with the support department..... First they blamed my bandwidth (I have a gigabit fiber connection and a unifi dream machine pro that utilizing 3% of my bandwidth)

He also told me that I was supposed to use my phone on wifi to make a speed test and that has to be the most stupid **bleep** I ever heard! I have wifi 6 and the Arlo cameras have no connection to my wifi (as the use their own base as wifi access point) as it's connected with a cable.... So doing a speed test on wifi 6 would not tell him a single thing about my Arlo connection as it's not even comparable.

When I pointed this out he just said that my base station was broken because it was from 2018.

So good bye Arlo, I will never buy a product from you again!!!

When I