Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error triggering Base Station Update ERROR

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LHuisingh
Initiate
Initiate

I have a standard Arlo base station.  I just purchased an Arlo Pro camera.  I have synced the camera to the base station.  The app told me I needed to update the camera firmware.  I have clicked on the button that is supposed to update the camera's firmware but nothing happens on the camera (no lights).  I then went to the device settings and at the bottom was the Device Info section with a red triangle with an exclamation point inside it.  I clicked on that button.  

The next screen showed a line labeled Firmware 1.090.0.0_9945 and the words "Update is available" was displayed.  I clicked on that.  

The next screen showed that same firmware version number and a date (2016-11-05 04:05:03 PDT).  I clicked on the big green Update button.

The screen said "Triggering camera update..." and finally at the top an orange message bar said "Error triggering base station update".  The camera is within 1 foot of the base station.  

My existing standard Arlo cameras continue to work fine.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Wait overnight and see if it automatically updates.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LHuisingh,

Some users have had issues getting firmware updates due to poor internet connections. Who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds?

JamesC

LHuisingh
Initiate
Initiate
I removed the camera and synced it up again. This time there is no prompt for update. FWIW, I have Charter for internet with a 60mb/s download/4 mb/s upload speeds.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LHuisingh,

If there is no prompt for an update it sounds like the camera completed it's firmware update. It may have just been a display issue.

JamesC