Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chillywit2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to be awakened at night if a camera detects motion by enabling audible sound alerts.  I'm only receiving silent push notications in iOS.  I followed the instructions in the knowledge base on enabling alerts at both Mode and iOS system levels but still receive only silent visual push alerts.  My friend gets audible alerts on her iPhone and we have the same Arlo app and iOS system notificaton settings as far as I can tell.  Can someone tell me how to enable audible alerts? 

BTW, I read that many users are griping about not being able to select unique sound alerts in iOs.  They've been waiting a long time for Arlo developers to create a fix, but I can't get audible alerts to work at all. 

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@chillywit2 

one thing to try is to go into your phone's Settings > Notifications > Arlo and see if sounds is on or off?

Brian

chillywit2
Aspirant
Aspirant
The iOS system level sound notification for the Arlo app you’re suggesting Ito try is already turned on.
dcmccarthy
Star
Star

Here's what I did to get a different sound for alerts on my iphone.

My cell provider has email to text functionality. If i send an email to phoneNumber@txt.bell.ca it shows up as a text on my phone. I created a contact on my phone for arlo alerts and assigned a specific text tone to this contact. It's a bit hackish but I now have a different alert tone for my arlo alerts.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chillywit2

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App, and Are you updated to the latest version of th IOS MObile App 2.7.4

chillywit2
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED:  I had the iPhone side switch for Ring/Silent mode in the silent position.  Noob mistake.