Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
grandriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get a connection when using windows 10. it starts the conecction a drops out. I ccan connect using my ipad

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many more details. Is W10 fully updated? What browsers have you tried? Are they fully updated? What have you tried? What do you see? What antivirus are you using? I use W10 every day and have no problems.

grandriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

W10 is fully updated and I am using Edge. I use Kasperski Total security. I log in and it starts to connect. I will see the header flash and it will disconnect. Most of the time I will put in my password and hit enter twice for it ti try and connect

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's Kaspersky. Search here using it as the search term and you'll find solutions. You need to allow the browser access to the Arlo servers. I don't know offhand what setting needs to be changed but others have also had recent problems that boiled down to Kaspersky.

grandriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Made changes but will still not connect on occasion. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When it isn't connecting, totally disable Kaspersky and try again. If Arlo works ok with the AV disabled, you'll need to find the right settings in it to make it reliable or change to a different AV product.

Sean7431
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed it. Same issue here. Can only connect using Arlo app in cell phone. But can not connect on PC windows 10 using any browser. It appeared to be a Flash issue at first but AntiVirus software was the issue. In my case, Kasperski. Had to go to settings in Kasperski, web protection, add https://arlo.netgear.com as a trusted website. Now it all works again.