Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Derstwo
Initiate
Initiate

Just spent the better part of today trying to get this new app working!  No tech support available from either Canada or the US...on hold for 40 minutes and then they just hang up on you?  No chat support, no support of any kind...community forums are not support...they are a pathetic "up-yours" to customers who have paid a small fortune for unsupported technology!

Have the new app working on 1 cell phone (iphone x) but cannot download to wife's iphone (get message that I have to purchase this app...WTF?).  Trying to download the app to my PC...which has the legacy app running without trouble...but when trying to download the new Arlo app, get a message that my PC is not a supported device?  If my windows 10 computer is not a supported device...what devices are you making this app for...toaster ovens???  Spent 2 hours on the phone with google support...another waste of time which wouldn't be required if Netgear/Arlo just had some support!  I have the arduous task of arranging security for a large chain of retirement homes...and will be removing Arlo from our short list of potential security camera suppliers.

6 REPLIES 6
jfcoll
Star
Star

Don't even consider this for commercial use. It is not reliable. Don't waste your time. 

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where did you find a Arlo APP for Windows 10 ?   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@storgeman wrote:

Where did you find a Arlo APP for Windows 10 ?   

There is none.  With PCs (windows or mac) you browse to https://my.arlo.com 

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes - I knew that, I've searched for many hours, informed support that it would be nice to have one with little response.   But there is a substitute (Not a Arlo supplied one, but from a 3rd party).  It does a pretty good job in viewing all of your camera's and their history by day, it allows you to go LIVE, but you cannot record and you can't perform any settings, which to me is ok.  You don't have to deal jumping thru hoops to go live and view real time because of the use of FLASH. 

I just wonder if it will keep working after the first of the month ?       

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Derstwo,

What iPhone device does your wife use? Could you provide a screenshot that shows that they need to purchase the Arlo app? Click on this link to make sure you're getting the correct Arlo app: iOS App Store.

The Arlo app is only used for iOS and Android devices. To access your camera through your computer, you just need to log in through https://my.arlo.com as StephenB mentioned.

Derstwo
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Jessica, thanks to you and the other responders for your reply’s. I spent hours on my computer trying to figure this out and managed to Download the Arlo app through Nox Player for my computer. While it does work, the app is incredibly slow so it is not a workable solution if you hope to respond to intruders triggering your cameras. My wife has an iPhone 8 and was getting a notice to purchase the app but I kept mowing forward with the download anyway and managed to get the app downloaded. While I’m thankful for the response from the Arlo community, it is not the solution to customer service issues especially issues caused by a new software rollout. I have decided to Move forward with A new camera system (Wyze Cam V2)which offers better support, better sound and picture quality at the fraction of the price plus gives me 14 days of free recordings. This will be used in my interior requirements for home monitoring...haven’t chosen a system for the homes yet but will be thoroughly reviewing a few systems. Thanks again.