Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
timtexgillen
Follower
Follower

Just wondering. I'm in the installation business. 

I have a customer who needs 1080p clarity indoors (4 cameras). I'm sure he'd like to have the 1080p for his 4 outdoor cameras too, but I don't think Arlo Pro has a 1080p outdoor camera. Is that right?

Anyway say I get him 4 indoor 1080p and 4 outdoor 720p, do they all connect to the same hub? Or are the 1080p cameras IP?

Can all 8 cameras be seen through the same app? Do I even want them to be seen through the same app, because...

Would it be to his advantage for me to setup 2 different 4 camera systems so that he doesn't have to pay a monthly fee to see all of his cameras? I think anything over 5 cameras, you have to pay a monthly fee to see them, right?

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras are 1080, but are indoor rated only.....

The Pro cameras are 720 but they will work outside in weather conditions.

As to connections, the Q cameras hook into your own home wifi system while the PRO cameras MUST hook into a base unit ( which requires an ethernet port on yr router to connect to the internet )

*( the base unit sets up its own wifi network in the 2.4ghz band to connect to the cameras only )*

All 8 cameras will be seen in the same app/pc prgm via browser if you have the proper service level( free limits to 5 per accout ) BUT they will not act as one unit .... The Q cameras act as single units and will each have to be armed/scheduled/etc on their own.... the PRO cameras can be armed/etc as a group as they all go thru the base unit

As to Basic ( free ) plan in two setups , IMO, the next plan at < $100 fro the year is better ( no I don't get commisions ) ... The big factor is the unlimited tech support AND the storage of 30 days ( not 7 like the basic )...it allows 10 cameras which is usu more than enough.

I see it as insurance.  It allows plenty of time to go back and review if needed.

What you do tho is really up to you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS... tho the Q armed separately... myself I find it as a plus not a minus ( depends on your usage )... it allows me to have multiple schedules for different parts/areas of the home...I mostly run the Q cameras on schedules, each one at different times... the External cams are run as a perimeter group

(Sometimes this is do-able with proper modes/rules on the Pro cameras ( cam group set at same time ) sometimes not as only ONE mode can run at a time.)

Morse is faster than texting!