Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I'm a long time Arlo Pro user who hasn't been keeping up on the latest Arlo model changes. I still use the free limited 30 day video storage which is fine for my needs. 

I was just looking at the new models and it appears that all the newer camera systems require a paid monthly subscription service now but it's all a little confusing. Can anyone explain how this works now? If upgraded to a newer system am I stuck paying a $9.99 monthly fee? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

For the Pro3 and newer they come with a free trial subscription depending on camera but most are 3 months. The Ultra is a year.  Then you would need to subscribe for 30 day cloud storage and it also gives you some enhanced feature's like smart notifications. The Pro2 and older still have the 7 day free cloud storage. 

They do have Local storage for free on the smart hub. . Here is a link for that.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

For the Pro3 and newer they come with a free trial subscription depending on camera but most are 3 months. The Ultra is a year.  Then you would need to subscribe for 30 day cloud storage and it also gives you some enhanced feature's like smart notifications. The Pro2 and older still have the 7 day free cloud storage. 

They do have Local storage for free on the smart hub. . Here is a link for that.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't be surprised they moved away from free storage. It'll be interesting to see how long the free, 7 day storage sticks around. I like my camera's but if I have to pay a monthly fee I'd certainly look around at different options other than Arlo. I think many of us hate the idea of another $10.00 reoccurring monthly bill.