Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
GK_GK
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any way to completely remove the base station smart siren option so that it is not an option from the App or software?  I do not want it to be inadvertantly pushed, so I would like to remove the option all together to manually turn it on or off.  

Really appreciate any help.

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No but perhaps lowering the volume would effect a similar resolution.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just checked and see that's only an option in your modes. That won't help for using the siren button. I guess you'd need to cover the speaker to muffle the sound.
GK_GK
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the responses!  Is there a way to adjust the volume?  I didn't see that setting, but may have missed it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Volume can only be adjusted in your modes. Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). Click on the siren setting and then you van edit the volume. However, you say you don't want to have the siren go off if you happen to hit the siren button on the Devices tab. There's no way to take that off the screen (although you can move things around in Settings, Camera Position or whatever it's called so the button ends up on the bottom of the list). Otherwise, tape some foam over the speaker.
arluser
Initiate
Initiate

I'd also like to have an option to completely disable siren from accidentally turning it on.

I really like Arlo security, but this is the only feature that concerns me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the several months I've had my Pro base installed, the only time I've activated the siren was by quite actively using the button. I have yet to accidentally hit it.  I did rearrange my devices in Settings, Device Order to move the base to the bottom of the list.  I understand the desire to disable it but I have to believe that it's truly a non-issue.

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

thank you jguerdat, I did not realise could change order, that is much better, that way the settings button of the camera is not right below that siren button

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

I ended up opening mine up and removing the speaker about a month ago, have had no issues, other then voided warranty, but I feel much better knowing it wont accidently go off, would not recomend doing this, but just saying I did and have not had any issues

AppleGuy
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve pressed the siren button by accident - a swipe scroll gesture was misinterpreted as a button press. At least a popup warning appeared. I would definitely like an option to remove it from the app.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've got mine way down the bottom of the device list so pretty much no risk of accidentally pressing it. I guess the more options we have, the better... despite being a possible source of "why won't my siren work" threads

jstar1
Tutor
Tutor

Where do I find "Siren Settings" within the app.?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jstar1,

Siren loudness can be found by editing your existing mode/rules or by creating a custom mode. For more information, take a look here: How do I create a rule that includes a siren trigger?

JamesC

AspenMan
Initiate
Initiate
Open up and snip wire to speaker.
dfaris
Guide
Guide

Recently , the notification allows you to press it and see the picture without logging onto the device. There is also an alram butto9n there. I carry 2 phones in my jeans pocket so sometimes one presses on the other. Normally this is not a problem because noral aapps do not let you do somthing without logging into the iphone. Only Arlo does. so I accidently turned on the alarm today and had no idea how to turn it off. It drove my dogs and my family crazy. It had a list of all camera (12) but I had no idea which one triggered it. What if I had been away. I have only external cameras, since I have an alarm system. I NEVER want tge alram to off inside where my 4 base statikons are. PLEASE FIX THIS ARLO ENGINEERS.

So THIS IS A VERY BIG ISSUE!!!!!

jjames1
Guide
Guide

I agree, hopefully in next version of the base station they release, they keep the alarm out of the base station, I would much rather have external alarms that are either battery powered or plug into an outlet

steve_t
Master Master
Master

How do you trigger the siren without logging into your phone? Is it a widget?

dfaris
Guide
Guide
It is an Arlo notification. Which recently was modified to allow you to press the motivation and see a picture from the camera. There is a button that says alarm.
Every other iphone notification that o have used require entering the passcode before processing, but not Arlo. This is a security breech
If someone stole my phone and did not know the passcode they could activate the Altman very time an alert sent a notification to the phone
bootstraponline
Initiate
Initiate

I contacted Arlo and this is working as designed, regardless of hearing damage to pets/family by accidentally triggering the 100 decibal Siren. Thanks Arlo!