Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable SSID Broadcast

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarcoM13
Initiate
Initiate

Good afternoon,

I have an Arlo Pro system at home correctly configured to my router.  Everything is working, however, I would like to not broadcast the SSID from the Arlo router and want it to happen quietly in the background.  Is there a password available for me to log into my netgear router that was provided, and disable to broadcast?  When i try to connect to it, the generic password, does not work to modify the settings or connect to the Arlo router.  The Arlo settings do not allow me modify these settings.

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base is a closed system with no way for a user to access it other than with the app or web interface. Besides, hiding the SSID isn't a useful security method since anyone with a free sniffer can see it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base is a closed system with no way for a user to access it other than with the app or web interface. Besides, hiding the SSID isn't a useful security method since anyone with a free sniffer can see it.

MarcoM13
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the response, but how can i get into it using web interface if i don't have a password when i try to connect it?

Adewale
Luminary
Luminary

there's no web interface to log in to.

I dont think you need to worry about the SSID broadcast by the Arlo base station...its closed and cannot be accessed