Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Difficulty with VMB3000 base station after moving wifi router

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Geoff_VC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB3000 base with 4 Pro VMC4030 cameras.  We had some office layout changes and the base station was disconnected for a couple of weeks.

After reconnecting the base station - 2 of the 4 cameras are working - but I cannot get the other 2 to sync with the base.

I press sync on the base and then sync on the camera - but I don't get any shutter sound or any lights changing on the camera at all.  When I pull and replace the battery in the cameras not working I get a solid blue light and the 2 that are working show 85% battery.

I removed one of the cameras that wasn't connecting and when I try to add it as a new device through the web portal I get a "No Base Stations Found" message.

Not sure what to do next.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you turned the base off without removing the camera batteries, the batteries are likely dead. The cameras will keep trying to connect to the now-nonexistant base, draining them. Charge the batteries and things should be fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you turned the base off without removing the camera batteries, the batteries are likely dead. The cameras will keep trying to connect to the now-nonexistant base, draining them. Charge the batteries and things should be fine.

Geoff_VC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you I think this is it.  I reset the base and it connected and I am re-charging the camera batteries.