Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dlim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I wanted to understand the difference the VMS4330 and AVM4000C packages. They seem very similar, but AVM4000C comes with more accessories but costs less? Could you clarify this for me? I may be missing something obvious and need more coffee! 🙂

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Looks to me that it is a special bundle only available to Costco Wholesale Members Smiley Happy 

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Beats me. Maybe an old product number being phased out for the VMS4330? I'd go with price and features.
dlim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I first thought it may be "Arlo" vs "Arlo Pro" but that isn't it.  Cursory look at the tech specs seem to say they match. Yeah, there's something incomplete on their information. I've contacted Arlo to see what we're missing. 

MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Looks to me that it is a special bundle only available to Costco Wholesale Members Smiley Happy 

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
adambean
Luminary
Luminary

Feature/functionality ... it's idential right? Looks like the AVM4000C comes with an extra stand.

http://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/default.aspx

It's quite a bit cheaper ($450) on Amazon at the moment: http://amzn.com/B072FLRWW5 vs $518 for the 4330: http://amzn.com/B01LWS96JV

adambean
Luminary
Luminary

Hello,

Hopeful to get validation on the above question. I managed to pick up the AVM4000C for $450 before it went back up to $500 on the current listing. But it says it won't ship for another 1-2 months. Before I wait this out vs. just getting hte VMS4330, does anyone know for certain that they are indentical?

A few of the pictures I've seen looks like the AVM4000C also comes with a single outdoor mount. Other than though, looks identical. 

Thanks

garyshicks
Aspirant
Aspirant

The 4330 is the Arlo PRO ( newer ) version over 3330 Arlo... ( the packages are 3 cameras I believe )

The Pro model uses single rechargeable battery pack, has 2x audio , and the Pro Base has a siren and local record backup via usb

The Pro also has an improved detection over the older Arlo.

Arlo (older ) does not have audio or local record backup on the base , uses 4- 123 battery cells or rechargeable cells of the same size

adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks, but not comparing the original Arlo. AVM4000C, not 3330. Check links two posts up.
adambean
Luminary
Luminary

FYI, to those that discover this thread asking the same question.

I picked up the AVM4000C at Costco. It's identical with two exceptions:

1) Comes with 1 outdoor security mount

2) Comes with 4 (one extra in comparison) batteries

For the same price, or cheaper, this is definitely the better choice.