Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dougjohnson8
Tutor
Tutor

In the past few days I have not been able to see live streaming on my Dell PC.  When I click on devices, the list displays, but when I click on any individual item I just get a blank screen.  I rebooted my computer but no changes. I disabled the firewall to see if McAfee was blocking, but that did not change anything. I can see live streaming on my Thinkpad PC and my mobile devices so I know it has something to do with the Dell PC.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK wow, I did a deep clean of my browser cache (again) and now I can see my devices. Not sure why that didn't work the first time I did it. Thanks for the lead Shayne S.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
FBClpcs
Initiate
Initiate

This same thing has happened to me, too, and have an HP computer. Tried many things and nothing. I am getting video streams on my phone, just not on my computer.

Smilemaster
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue on my HP. Something has changed with the Arlo website. After I log in I see 1 device listed out of my 5 and the view of the one device is incomplete. I'm an IT expert and I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what they have done. After clearing cookies for this particular site in Chrome and logging in over and over I was able to finally get a page where it will display all of the devices but going through the same exact steps the next day doesn't work. You have to do it over and over until it works. The devices show up fine via apps, just not in Windows. This is an Arlo website issue, not a user issue and they need to fix this. It's extremely annoying. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Smilemaster  The web page works fine here with Edge and Firefox on Dell PC and Microsoft Surface tablet. Mabey try them. 

FBClpcs
Initiate
Initiate

I finally am able to view the cameras on my PC! I cleared the browser; then signed in again with my username and password. I did not use the "safe sign-in" from Edge and reentered the UN and PW. Hopefully it will work tomorrow, but so far, it is up and running!

dougjohnson8
Tutor
Tutor

Additional info on my Dell problem.  The library works.  I can view videos that were recorded, I just cannot see anything live.  I cleared browser history on Chrome, Edge and Basilisk browsers and still no live video.  I appreciate eveyone's attempts to help, maybe Arlo can chime in.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dougjohnson8

Thank you for reporting this issue you are experiencing. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also same. Library only is visible. No live cams appear on the "devices" page. I am using Chrome. No I will not use Edge. No I will not use Safari. This started about the time this godawful 2FA was forced on us - with no ability to save a PC as a trusted device. Major fail, Arlo.

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appear to be an issue with Chrome, I tried Edge (ugh) and my devices show as expected. 

Please fix this, Arlo

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ilex27 

I was not able to replicate this issue with the following Google Chrome Version: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Can you verify if you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your computer. 

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit). Device tab shows background only, none of my cameras exist. And because two of them are not set to record, I am unable to monitor them AT ALL.

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK wow, I did a deep clean of my browser cache (again) and now I can see my devices. Not sure why that didn't work the first time I did it. Thanks for the lead Shayne S.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yep not every problem is from Arlo. 

dougjohnson8
Tutor
Tutor

I had to do a browser reset for both Chrome and Edge.  Just clearing the history was not enough.  Cameras are back on screen.  Problem resolved.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update! I'm glad it's working now. please let men know if you have any other questions.