Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro camera that is plugged in does not work and says it is offline?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo pro cameras, one with a battery and one plugged in. The one that is plugged in does not work at night. It tells me that the camera is off line, but it's not. Any have an ideas? You can write it here.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trf wrote:
I have 2 arlo pro cameras, one with a battery and one plugged in. The one that is plugged in does not work at night. It tells me that the camera is off line, but it's not. 

Try swapping the cameras (powering the one that is currently on battery).  I am thinking the problem will stay with the camera, but it is worth confirming.

trf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I did flip flop the 2 cameras, still the same thing happened, the one plugged in still won't work at night. I don't know, maybe it's power cord? I guess I have to try something.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trf wrote:
Well I did flip flop the 2 cameras, still the same thing happened, the one plugged in still won't work at night. I don't know, maybe it's power cord? I guess I have to try something.

Interesting that it stays with the location.  Does it go offline at the same time every night?  Does this happen 100% of the time, or does it sometimes make a connection to the base?

It's easy enough to remove the power cord, and see if anything changes.