Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device offline. after update, stays online for a few hours then off again

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BluffStu
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera will not stay online. It told me I needed to update the firmware, and when I did that it will not stay online longer than a few hours. Everyday I have to take it down, re-sync to base, it comes back online but only for a few hours then it is off again. Is there a glitch? Is there a recall I am unaware of? Is there a way to over-ride the firmware update that seems to have caused problems that were not there before?

3 REPLIES 3
TerryAbney
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are off line. I tried resetting the base station but can only get one green light and one yellow light. HELP

BluffStu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I am not able to help with your request. I know for my issue, I also have resert my base station as well, but that does not solve my issue of this one camera constantly going offline. The other issue with this particular camera is that the battery on this camera cannot hold a charge for long either. The camera is only 3 months old and should not be acting up without holding a charge and it should not be going offline everyday. Especially when I have 5 other cameras that work perfectly. This one is closer to the base then 3 of my other 5 cameras and the other 3 further away from the base do not go offline and they do not lose charge like this one that I am having problems with does. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bluffstu,

Try swapping locations with one of your cameras that is behaving normally. It sounds like it could be a problem at the cameras location causing both issues, swapping with a working camera will help identify if the problem follows the location or the camera.

JamesC