Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detection never work, really bad product!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Linkoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been using the cameras for about two months, and I'm encountering issues after issues. For that price, that's almost impossible to believe, I wanted to pay the price of premium cameras, but I have more issues than my really cheap system made in china with half of the menu translated... I'll have to go back to this system.

The camera doesn't detect movements if placed behind a window (the glass prevent the detection), and even with the correct mode set up, if set 2 cameras for detection, only one is working. 

Please prevent your friends from buying this product! 

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Linkoz

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

• Are the cameras not recording in general (or only when behind glass)?
  • Is one camera behind glass & the other not?

I have provided an article providing more information pertaining recording through glass. Does motion detection work through glass or windows?

"Motion detection does not work through windows reliably. Arlo cameras use two different kinds of motion detection, and both types are inhibited by glass, especially windows.Passive infrared, the type of motion detection used by Arlo Ultra, Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, and Arlo Go cameras, detects changes in heat. Most glass used in homes today is insulated, limiting the movement of heat through the glass."

Linkoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShaneS,

Thanks for your response. 

Looks like that's normal then, and I still find this crazy for that price. I used to use a very cheap system (unknow brand from China) and they were working perfectly fine in the same spot as the Arlo. The last system costs me $250 for 4 cameras... The only difference is the wire! Not sure 5 times the price worth the wireless feature! 

On top of that, even with the right setup, the camera called "RDC" doesn't Trigg (even not behind the glass). So there is a clear bug on the system. This is ridiculous...

I've attached the screenshot of the setup. The camera "Entrée" and the camera "RDC" should Trigg if a movement is detected. But only Entrée Trigg the signal...

As I said, very rubbish software and rubbish hardware for the price of premium products! 

Very disappointed... 

IMG_0849.jpegIMG_0850.jpegIMG_0851.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Linkoz

Thank you for the information.  May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.