Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
L4rry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 2 base station VMB4000r3, Firmware 1.16.3.4_3614_c289687. 

Just purchased and set up two days ago. Testing for two days. Push notifications received immediately, but email notifications taking anywhere from half hour up to 24 hours, to arrive in inbox. Two nights ago, when testing motion detection during the day,13 notifications arrived in inbox later that night while sleeping. Two more arrived just now, two days after activity.

If you are away from home, and unable to view push notifications or view activity (driving, in a meeting, at a doctor office with phone turned off, or otherwise don't notice push notifications) you may not know there was motion detected until email notification received, which can take anywhere from half an hour to up to 24 hours.   

What good is a home security monitoring system if you don't know there was a break in, or attempted break in, or a UPS package stolen or whatever (and your wife home alone) until up to 12 - 24 hours later?

My apologies if discussion already opened on this and solved. Couldn't find anything and wanted to see if anyone else having this problem before opening a support ticket. Also not looking forward to support tech checklist (re-booting, uninstalling and reinstalling batteries, deleting and re-syncing cameras, rebooting again, etc. then finally a "recommendation" to try and get back to them. Not picking on them as I appreciate their support and understand they have a checklist to follow, but hoping they might read this post and weigh in. Or that someone else has solved this.

I really wanted a wireless system, but may have to install outlets and go back to Nest, which I know works well (had their system in another home, and could monitor all activity, including a forest fire from another home in another state. Unfortunately, they don't have a wireless system and I wanted to move cameras around inside to monitor for night time mice activity. 

I use Outlook for email and an email service provider where I can determine email address from sender and blacklist and whitelist. I whitelisted Arlo Alert email address. Some emails working ok (two were almost immediate this morning, but most delayed f3 or 4 hours, many up to 12 hours and a few coming in 24 hours later.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
L4rry
Aspirant
Aspirant
I gave up and switched to Nest. Sure did like the wireless cameras which Nest unfortunately does not have but all problems now resolved. Good luck.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @L4rry

What is the timeframe you have set for Outlook to fetch new emails? Have you tested with a different email address? you can do this by going to Settings > Profile > Login settings > Change email address.

L4rry
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have email set up in Outlook email service provider to deliver immediately. Same with fetching emails on iPhone. Also white listed Arlo email address online at email service provider. Email, both personal and business, very reliable except for Arlo. Couple more from Arlo just came this morning from 2 days ago. Been testing Nest side by side and Nest very reliable with email notifications but was hoping for Arlo to work as like the wireless feature for moving around to monitor for nighttime mice activity. Thanks for you input
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the detailed info, I would suggest contacting support & providing them with this thread & info you already provided. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

MarknotGerald
Aspirant
Aspirant

I no longer get email notifications in a timely manner.  Most notifications are 24 hours plus old.  I have reset the cameras and base station several times.

What can I do to correct this ?

dcfox1
Master
Master

As a mod posted in the post just prior to yours about this problem you should contact support. 

landry1959
Guide
Guide

I use Outlook too and stopped getting emails on Nov. 4th and no one can figure out why.  I understand the frustation of not getting immediatey but not getting them at all is ridiculous.  I did get a suggestion from Community member to set up another email account but I don't want to have to check 2 accounts!  Good Luck.  I will track this post to see if you get an answer that might help me.  

landry1959
Guide
Guide

I used chat and got a case # and when they couldn't help they were going to escalate and said I would get an email response but never did.  Maybe it went to the same place my moition emails are going . . . 

L4rry
Aspirant
Aspirant
I gave up and switched to Nest. Sure did like the wireless cameras which Nest unfortunately does not have but all problems now resolved. Good luck.