Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Default and Access

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KMG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I set settings back to default? To start again.

I setup both my phone and my husband with same email,  so then we would log each other off.  Then I realized the access option.  So I did that for him with a different email.  However, it still is logging off when both try to view.  How to fix?  Delete his original app, and access, start again or what?  Thank you.

I am reading the manual but this alarm thing is daunting.  Do you have to set up for each device or system wide?  Having trouble understanding.

But trying!!!  Thank you.  Karen

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did he follow the instructions in the invitation email completely? Is he now logging in using his own account instead of the master account?

You can revert the settings yourself by editing whatever you've changed, including the guest account. Simply remove the guest account and then invite again. You can also completely reset the system by removing everything in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

What alarm thing are you referring to? The siren on the Pro base? That's configurable per camera in your modes.
KMG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  His app still shows my, the master acct at login.  When I put in the new email address access one, it just doesnt open.

The alarm goes off just at garage camera.  I dont know how to turn on and off at that mode area. I see a big bell icon that says turn on by all the camera pictiures under devices.  If on, does it go off everytime there is motion?  That is whats happing.  I dont want that.

We are going away for a few days, and I want to be armed and tying to figure it out without the alarm I guess.  We just have had this less than two weeks.

KMG
Aspirant
Aspirant

just since replying to you, a wasp set off the alarm. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why the app doesn't work using the guest account login.  Have you tried a browser?

To enable/disable the siren, use the Mode tab.  Select your system and edit the Armed mode.  All settings are in there.  This will need to be done for each camera.  After making a change, be sure to save.  Depending on what you've changed, you may need to go back one page by using the Edit Rule link at the top. 

The siren button on the Devices tab simply gives you a way to turn the siren on/off without being physically present to push the button on the base.