Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Pro be put in a window?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jansugarman
Follower
Follower

Can Arlo Pro be put in a window?  I have tried but I get a picture but it doesn't turn on with motion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It will record through a window but it will not detect motion because the glass will block the IR required for motion detection.  Either place it outdorrs or use a different camera outdoors to trigger the indoor one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It will record through a window but it will not detect motion because the glass will block the IR required for motion detection.  Either place it outdorrs or use a different camera outdoors to trigger the indoor one.

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

the night vision will also be impared

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on what you mean. Night Vision, as in the IR illuminators needing to be turned off so they don't reflect off the glass, yes. The ability to see through the glass and record works fine as long as you control reflections.

kaydeecee
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

How do I get the Arlo to record automatically through the front window then without motion detection?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your only choice would be to use a second camera mounted outdoors where motion detection would work and create a mode when motion detected by the second camera causes the first to record.

The Q cameras detect motion through glass since they don't use PIR detectors - it uses pixel-based detection.