Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
whittlehome2005
Guide
Guide
Same here.
There’s another post on here with discussion about it showing offline.
I’ve checked on my iPhone app and went into computer and don’t have access from either.
Sent Arlo Home a message via Facebook but haven’t heard back yet. Thinking their database is having issues again for sure
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Someone wake them up and get this fixed...and then quit hiring the Hawaii missile guys to do server/site work. At least they could acknowledge the outage....

reelfun038
Star
Star
No they're not. Chatted with support and they tried to say it was my browser.
MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

NOTHING LIKE A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm based in NY. Has anyone been able to successfully log into the Arlo app on an iPhone and live camera view on their Arlo Pro system? I haven't seen any updates from Netgear and I've tried rebooting the base station.

brh
Master
Master

@whittlehome2005

Have you tried removing the power from your Arlo base station for one minute and then powering it back up?

That fixed my base station that was showing offline.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@arpr1

Mine is working fine in NC. Maybe certain regions are still down?

Brian

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

brh: Out of curiosity are you trying from an iPhone app? Or Android app? Or are you logging into the website https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

You are able to view live view and receive motion notifications and your base station is showing as online?

eclong
Aspirant
Aspirant

For what its worth, I seem to have the same problem loging in as last week.   I get a message that says that I have a browser opened to Arlo and I should close it or clean out the cache.    I contacted tech support via chat and all the lady could do is ask me to clean out the cache on my browser, which I have now done, but I still get this message.  This is only logging in from my PC where I get this problem.   I can log in via smart phone or tablet, and they work fine.   HMMM.

brh
Master
Master

@eclong

Delete all of your browsing history from day 1  including cookies. That worked for me.

Brian

banderafever
Initiate
Initiate
raider192
Guide
Guide
Oregon.
Got an auto update last night to V. 2.4.9_20031 and Android app as well as browser give message of base station offline. Uninstalled App and reinstalled with same outcome it's been down for 15 hours for me and is getting a little frustrating. A friend of mine is still on the previous version and is having no problems with Android app. Hope this is resolved soon!
frustratedagain
Initiate
Initiate

Same here in Arcadia, CA. Still down since last night, nine o'clock at night. Still waiting.

brh
Master
Master

@raider192

I had to turn off the power to my Arlo base station this morning for 1 minute, When I powered it back up and let it rebot, everything worked fine, 

Don't know about the Android app.

Brian

raider192
Guide
Guide
Ya did that too, and still down. It's a bummer cause I went months without many issues and it seems like it's getting worse.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Using the android arlo app on a galaxy S8, in NY. Everything seems to be working fine on the camera side. Can view videos, and view live mode. BUT, the app keeps telling me my session has timed out and I have to log in again eveytime I open the app. My password is 25 random characters, which I don't memorize. I use keepass on my phone and copy paste the password into arlo. But my keepass password is also 25 characters, so I have to open keepass, type that password in to log into keepass, then navigate to the section where I have the arlo password,then use the copy password feature, then switch back to arlo app and paste the password in. PITA. Hopefully they fix this soon.

doufu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding my pennies to the discussion:

Arlo Pro with latest Hub - all lights green, internet is up

Arlo App on IOS - shows offline

arlo.netgear.com - full functionality works

Interestingly enough (but maybe unrelated) the last snapshot was from 5 days ago which coincidentally is when the app (roughly) was updated on the appstore.

raider192
Guide
Guide
Used Firefox and still shows base station offline but allows me to view live..... Something is wrong on their end.?.?
brh
Master
Master

@raider192

I had to power cycle one of my Arlo base stations this morning to get it to report not being online.

Brian

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

doufu : I'm experiencing the same thing. When you say you have full functionality via arlo.netgear.com...if you go into the "Mode" tab" does your base station show as online? Mine keeps saying "Getting status..." and then offline.

It's amazing that Arlo support doesn't even bother to provide an acknowledgment or update or anything and how inconsistent everyone's experience is.

Shpblder
Star
Star

What ever happenend with the update That netgear has done for ARLO om 03-15-2018 has really made my syetem not work properly. Cant get it on my android, cant get status on base, no notifications at all. I have called Netgear and got a ticket number but was told it was on their end and the Eng... working on solution. Wish they would go back to older version it was working fine...

raider192
Guide
Guide
Firefox, Chrome, Edge are all doing the same thing: Status to offline
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems like some people are having mixed success with the web login (arlo.netgear.com).

But besides user "brh" who seems to be ok, is anyone able to successfully live view their cameras on the iPhone app???

doufu
Aspirant
Aspirant

@arpr1wrote:

doufu : I'm experiencing the same thing. When you say you have full functionality via arlo.netgear.com...if you go into the "Mode" tab" does your base station show as online? Mine keeps saying "Getting status..." and then offline.

It's amazing that Arlo support doesn't even bother to provide an acknowledgment or update or anything and how inconsistent everyone's experience is.

Correction on the full functionality:

Can confirm same behavior in "mode" tab as arp1.

raider192
Guide
Guide
Hopefully the Porch Pirates are at port today and haven't set sail until Arlo starts working again 😉