Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rickengle
Star
Star

Hi, I've been running into the very common :Connection failed error when I try and go live from the web view to view my Arlo Pro live camera feeds.   I've read through a lot of the posts on this and don't see a solution.

On one wireless access point that I have the live streaming works for my desktops as well as my iPhone 8 device every time.

One a 2nd wireless network at home, all desktops get the Connection failed error but my iPhone 8 (on Wi-fi only) on the same wireless network works fine.

• It can't be a Flash issue since my same Edge browser on Windows 10 works fine with the one wireless network on the same PCs but not on the other.
  • It doesn't seem to be a firewall/port issue on my access point or ASUS rounter since my iPhone can make it all the way through on Wi-fi alone.

I went to a PC on my home network also running WIndows 10 and tried on the same wireless network with issues and it worked.  It made no sense and a short time later it stsrted throwing the Connection filed error too and never worked again.

I turned off the firewall on my PC as well as on my router and tried and neither made a difference.

Any ideas, this is a frustratingly difficult issue to solve.

Thanks,

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your whole network topology? Is the second network off an AP or is it separate? What are the stats from a test on speedtest.net, including the ping and how do they compare to the same device on the first network?

rickengle
Star
Star

Here is that info for you:

Wi-fi network ("APrime") that can't stream camera feeds:
Speedtest:
Download: 41.44 Mbps
Upload: 23.83 Mbps
Ping speed: 12 ms

Wi-fi network ("GSpace") that can stream camera feeds:
Speedtest:
Download: 33.53 Mbps
Upload: 11.20 Mbps
Ping speed: 8 ms

My ISP is Verizon FIOS Busines.

For the working wireless network I have my Verizon Wireless Router ("GSpace") connected directly to a switch that goes straight to Verizon.

For the wireless network that I can't stream on I have an ASUS RT-AC68U Gigabit Router also connected to the switch that goes straight to Verizon.   It has both wired ethernet and wireless access to it and is connected to a whole house switch.   I normally use a Unifi Access Point ("APrime") connected to the same network that provides wi-fi addresses and routes through the ASUS router to the Internet.  I have tried all of these combinations which do not work for streaming:

* Windows 10 PC with Edge/IE browsers connecting over ethernet wired to the Asus Router to the Internet

Windows 10 PC with Edge/IE browsers connecting wirelessly to the Asus Router to the Internet

* Windows 10 PC with Edge/IE browsers connecting wirelessly to my Unifi Access Point which connects over the LAN to the Asus Router and then to the Internet

Even when connecting directly wired to the ASUS router and even turning off it's built in firewall, I can't stream.   Everything else works though, I can log into My Arlo, change camera and hub settings, access my videos, just not streaming.

Thanks for the help,

Rick

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your iPhone on the second network works so it can't be a connection issue. I would definitely try rule out a Flash issue. Perhaps take one of the computers from the working side and connect it to the non-working network. I know Chrome is geared to disable Flash by default so if you download and use that, you need to go into the settings and enable Flash. As to when Netgear will move to HTML5, that's anyone's guess

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do both APrime and GSpace have unique IP addresses on the WAN side from Verizon? I have to suspect something in the Asus settings that's causing this - I've used an RT-N66U with no problems. The two things I would try are both PITAs:

1) Factory reset the Asus and renew your configuration.

2) Use a third router to replace the Asus for testing.

rickengle
Star
Star

Both of my routers have unique fixed IP addresses as I have a range of fixed IPs I can use with FIOS.

I don't have a spare router and yanking out my Asus would be a whole lot of work to fix an issue as granular as this.

The odd thing is my iPhone 8 with just wi-fi connectivity going through my Asus wireless router can show the live feeds OK.  But I wonder if the app connects differently to the live stream than how a browser connects.

I wonder if there are any issues with Windows 10 or specific browsers.

Thanks,

Rick

Norrisk66
Tutor
Tutor

I have been having the same issue since my system was new.

Have never found a resolution either.

This is very frustrating-I am hoping someone can find a solution for all of us.