Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Combined two homes. Can I have one Base Station with older model cameras and add new cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mecheerey
Follower
Follower

I have combined two homes. Now I have two base stations and two different generations of Cameras. Can I just use one base station with older model cameras and can I purchase just new generation cameras to add to my basestation or do I need a whole new base station if I add newer cameras?

The two Base Stations are VMB3000 and VMB4000.  The two cameras I have are Arlo Pro VMC4030 and the other doesn't seem to have a model number on it but has this number printed on the inside: 4N71697L290D2.  I just want to know if I can continue to use one of the base stations with both cameras or do I need to purchase a new base station if I want to upgrade and add a new camera.  If I upgrade the base station can I still use these cameras?  So many questions.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your cameras are all compatible with all bases. Don't forget that the free plan is for 5 cameras so if you exceed that you'll need a plan.

The issue of new cameras depends on the base and the exact cameras since the Ultra and newer may need a SmartHub to work best. Pro 2 and older don't need this.