Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarification on whether a 2nd base is required for cloud recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Drewski
Tutor
Tutor

I already have a three camera Arlo Pro set installed that I got from Costco.  Costco (online) now has the three camera set on sale  and I am seriously considering getting another set with the cost per camera being cheaper than anything I can find elsewhere.  I know I have to buy the cloud plan to support six cameras, but can I use all six cameras with one base station?  In researching, it seems like I would lose the capability to live stream the sixth camera, and for the sixth camera, losing livestream is not critical for me.  However, with purchasing the cloud services, will I still be able to:

1) receive notifications for all six cameras when motion is detected?

2) record all six cameras to the Arlo cloud? (paid)

3) record all six cameras to the local USB drive on the USB port?  

I am hoping that I can use only one base station with six cameras for the use cases I described above.  I am running out of ethernet ports on my router, and hoping to be able to sell the base station on Ebay.    

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. Update your subscription and add the 3 new cameras to your original base station and it'll work just fine. You could even sell your Pro base as many, like me, would like to update the base without having to buy new cameras too