Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charging battery with charger that was supplied and an extension cord?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nightnurse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo Pro camera mounted on my garage.  Can I use the charger that was supplied with my camera purchase and an extension cord to recharge my camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nightnurse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your recommendations.  We switched extension cords, outlets, checked the connections but nothing worked.  We finally gave up, took it down and it was fully charged in less than 4 hours once we plugged it directly into an outlet in the house.   I thought it would work with the extension cord but it is only a minor inconvenience.   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Should work as long as you use a quality extension with larger wires.

Nightnurse
Aspirant
Aspirant

We thought so too and are using a heavy extension cord.  It shows on the app that it’s charging but it has been charging all day and still shows 14%....that’s what it was when we started charging.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, check the connections, especially at the camera, for proper insertion. If you're not using the original cable to p;lug into the camera, the plastic surround on the cable may be too large. Also, verify that the charger has both 5v and 9v outputs. If you have a differwent charger with the same outputs, try that, too.

Nightnurse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your recommendations.  We switched extension cords, outlets, checked the connections but nothing worked.  We finally gave up, took it down and it was fully charged in less than 4 hours once we plugged it directly into an outlet in the house.   I thought it would work with the extension cord but it is only a minor inconvenience.