Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AndyUK
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone else found that the charging port cover on the camera doesn't stay in?  Several of mine keep popping out.  Support say send them back to Amazon for a replacement but I suspect the new ones might be the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyUK
Tutor
Tutor

It kind of resolved itself.  I cleaned the ports and covers thoroughly to remove any manufacturing deposits and after a few re-insertions of the covers they stayed put. I haven't had any problems since even though all the cameras have been charged a couple of times.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, be gentle.  🙂

I've had one pop out on me so I used a small jeweler's screwdriver to gently work the tabs back into place. No problems since. Make sure the little tabs are actually in place.

AndyUK
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that - are you talking about if the cover comes off the body completely?

My problem is that the cover won't stay pushed in (in other words covering the port). I can't see which tabs you are referring to.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, mine came completely off. I have had problems getting the cover back in on occasion but with some wiggling and "coaxing" I triumphed.

Tribal2204
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue, did you ever figure it out? I'm concerned about the waterproofing of them if that cover doesn't stay seated.

AndyUK
Tutor
Tutor

It kind of resolved itself.  I cleaned the ports and covers thoroughly to remove any manufacturing deposits and after a few re-insertions of the covers they stayed put. I haven't had any problems since even though all the cameras have been charged a couple of times.

Hope this helps.