Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
Curls0909
Follower
Follower

My batteries on 2 of my Arlo cameras were getting low and I decided to bring them in and charge them up. Up to this point they have been working great. However, when I plug the camera in to begin charging a message on my mobile app shows up and states the following: "A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charing Faults" I have reviewed quite a few troubleshooting chats and nothing seems to work and the message persists. Also, I can not find the "KB Article". Can anyone help me out as the cameras are only 1 year old. Thank you for your time!

33 REPLIES 33
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rrarlo2019 wrote:

Has your problem been rectified? I have the same issue. Same error message, using original charging cable only and the battery charge status is stuck at 7%.

The camera lens and LED lights appear to be working, as I get notifications when the cable is in, but I have no idea whether the battery is in fact charging or not.  

Do you have more than one camera?

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
When I used original charger and cable the problem got resolved.
Roxane
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo sent me a new camera so yes my problem has been fixed.

Clementsks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact issue. Arlo has the customers on a goose chase with no reliable solution. My solar panel quit after 30 days. Poor design and poorer service.

ablackerby
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this EXACT same problem on the same camera. Mine is also about a year old.

Did you ever get yours to charge?
UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
Yes… The issue got resolved by charging using the original cable and charger.
lewbilmar1997
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vmc4030
NWKaty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here, message there is a charging fault.... We have been on the TALL ladder three times this month to plug and unplug...It seems to work perfectly , but I see the back up battery is draining not charging. Then we start getting the messages again. I have changed cameras in that area (one was stolen) it is hard for me to keep track of which one is new. I never dreamed I these would be so much trouble and I would have to keep a record of their serial numbers. Nothing in the instructions about that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NWKaty wrote:

Same problem here, message there is a charging fault.... We have been on the TALL ladder three times this month to plug and unplug...It seems to work perfectly , but I see the back up battery is draining not charging. Then we start getting the messages again. 

Are you using a third-party charger? 

Also, have you tried swapping batteries with a different camera?